Forums

Book reccomendations for a 900 rated player

Sort:
AloneIn3

Hello. As the title states, I'm a ~900 rated player and I would love some book recommendations to help me go from the beginner level to the intermediate level. All help is greatly appreciated. 

RussBell

Good Chess Books for Beginners and Beyond...

https://www.chess.com/blog/RussBell/good-chess-books-for-beginners-and-beyond

Springtrap_Imogen_Kira

Fnaf

OldGeezerJayRoy

Books are good as a secondary method of improving as a beginner but I am a big fan of having a study partner that is stronger rated. Talking out a live game to help me understand what went wrong while learning from the stronger player how to improve by studying the tactical idea(s) that I am lacking at. Join a local chess club or find a club here on chess.com and post in that club's forum for a "study partner". Someone usually will help out.

ChessMasteryOfficial

Simple Chess: A great explanation of strategy, making it very easy to understand. You have it on YT as well: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUrgfsyInqNbkyiwPSSBQ6ALkkccKItPE

SHIHOYULAOZDURU
It might be expensive but i prefer
“How To Win At Chess” by Levy Rozman, aka Gothamchess. Its a very new book and teaches you the highlights of chess, opening, (not too specific), middle game and ending. Hope that u improve soon!
ChrisZifo
Floyd_Parker wrote:

Hello. As the title states, I'm a ~900 rated player and I would love some book recommendations to help me go from the beginner level to the intermediate level. All help is greatly appreciated.

Not that I work for chess.com, but I recommend you pay for a monthly account and try the lessons. Very good at lower levels, and probably better than a book

chessroboto

duchamp2001

In my opinion, a book that can still help you develop your game by understanding how a strong player thinks is "My 60 memorable games" by Bobby Fischer. Today you should also find it easily used or in the library. Let me tell you that if there is it's a good player inside you, with this book it will come out!

AlfaceVerde

A good cost benefit book is
TOP 100 CHESS TIPS