Forums

Chessmaster 9000

Sort:
judarna777

Helo again can someone answer me if its difficult level of play strenght on chessmaster 9000?I cand find it in the program?Can anyone guide me?

Best Regards

Peter

baddogno

I don't entirely trust the 2971 rating that Chessmaster 10 says it plays at, but anything over 2000 should be enough to beat most of us.  Chessmaster 9 is not far behind 10 so I would expect it to be similar.  Where did I find the rating?  When you select one of the many artificial opponents for a training game,  go up as high as you can to the first opponent.  If it's same as 10, that would be the Chessmaster and his rating is listed.  If I remember right the rating also depends on your computer's speed and design.  Hope that helped.

Darth_Doom
judarna777 wrote:

Helo again can someone answer me if its difficult level of play strenght on chessmaster 9000?I cand find it in the program?Can anyone guide me?

Best Regards

Peter

Just a suggestion Peter 

perhaps it doesn't matter.  if you cannot beat CM9000 on its highest difficulty setting then it is certainly good enough to practice with in a learning setting.  many programs boast high ratings but who cares if you cannot defeat the medium to intermediate level programs with difficulty levels above your rating.

I have CM9000 from a while back and it is a quality chess program.  I defeat it on its highest level of difficulty but it is a challenge and it even defeats me if I am careless.  For the sake of argument set CM9000 on its highest difficulty and play it Fischer clocks no time renewal on a decent computer and you will see that it is pretty darn good.  Play it on a computer that has a lot of memory capacity as well as an extremely fast processor and it will prove to be even better.

EscherehcsE
judarna777 wrote:

Best Regards

Peter

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. Are you wanting to know how you set the difficulty levels in Chessmaster 9000? If so, then baddogno's post touched on the answer.

CM9000 doesn't let you directly choose a difficulty rating. Instead, you have to choose an existing personality that has already been assigned a rating. These personality ratings are assigned by the creator of the personality, and the accuracy of the ratings depends on the experience of the creator. (I find that the top rating of the CM9000 personality is a bit overrated compared to the recent CCRL/CEGT rating tests.)