Forums

New Version 1950 Dubrovnik Chess Sets Made by ChessBazaar

Sort:
goodknightmike
learning2mate wrote:

I love the set, but for a 500 Euro price tag it's not even something I could entertain getting. To bad a plastic version isn't available. :)

The ChessBazaar sets are $119 including express free shipping to the U.S.

goodknightmike

HERE'S A SHORT VIDEO FEATURING CHESSBAZAAR'S BOXWOOD AND SHEESHAMWOOD 3.6" SET

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoYaHqcAssk

goodknightmike

Short video of ChessBazaar's 1950 Dubrovnik Olympiad Replica Chess Set. 3.6" Kings. Pieces in Boxwood and Sheeshamwood (AKA Golden Rosewood).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoYaHqcAssk&feature=share

starkism

Hey guys, just wanted to tell you that i got an email from chessbazaar, their 1950 Dubrovnik chess set is back in stock with them. I have ordered 1 and its one per account & my order for set is said to be confirmed.:) :) I am very happy because last time I was late with my payment..

goodknightmike
sandygomez wrote:

Hey guys, just wanted to tell you that i got an email from chessbazaar, their 1950 Dubrovnik chess set is back in stock with them. I have ordered 1 and its one per account & my order for set is said to be confirmed.:) :) I am very happy because last time I was late with my payment..

Thanks for the update. Did you buy the Crimson or Sheeshamwood set?

goodknightmike

ChessBazaar's  3.6" Crimson and Sheeshamwood Dubrovnik sets back in stock today.

http://www.chessbazaar.com/the-reproduction-1950-dubrovnik-bobby-fischer-chess-set-in-stained-crimson-box-wood-3-6-king.html

http://www.chessbazaar.com/the-reproduction-1950-dubrovnik-bobby-fischer-chess-set-in-sheesham-box-wood-3-6-king.html

9kick9
sandygomez wrote:

Hey guys, just wanted to tell you that i got an email from chessbazaar, their 1950 Dubrovnik chess set is back in stock with them. I have ordered 1 and its one per account & my order for set is said to be confirmed.:) :) I am very happy because last time I was late with my payment.. I just ordered the Sheesham set as well.!

goodknightmike
9kick9 wrote:
sandygomez wrote:

Hey guys, just wanted to tell you that i got an email from chessbazaar, their 1950 Dubrovnik chess set is back in stock with them. I have ordered 1 and its one per account & my order for set is said to be confirmed.:) :) I am very happy because last time I was late with my payment.. I just ordered the Sheesham set as well.!

I thought you didn't like the sheesham wood  because of the variation in color? And were going to wait for the black  stain set to come out.

9kick9

I thought I would take a chance Mike. As the Black stain pieces are going to be be probably a 4 inch King. I really don't like a 4 inch King as I have 2 already & they take a larger board than a 2 1/4 inch board. I really prefer a a 3.5 inch King or close to it it.

strngdrvnthng

Got my order in too, thanks Mike. Although what I need with another chess set is beyond me : )

goodknightmike
strngdrvnthng wrote:

Got my order in too, thanks Mike. Although what I need with another chess set is beyond me : )

Welcome to the chess set addiction club!!  Did you get crimson or Sheeshamwood?

strngdrvnthng

Sheeshamalama-ding-dong baby...and yeah I am truly hooked : )

goodknightmike
strngdrvnthng wrote:

Sheeshamalama-ding-dong baby...and yeah I am truly hooked : )

Your addiction is noted!! Do you think you might get CB"s 4" version too?

strngdrvnthng

No on that...I've a Noj walnut Dubrovnik, a red stained custom Noj/DGT Dubrovnik and now a CB Dubrovnik...so I think I'm pretty much Dubrovniked to the max...though having said that I might squeeze in a CB or HOS black Dubrovnik...maybe ebony should that appear on the market. I think my next set will be a HOS new Cooke set. It has the early Jaques flavor, which is my favorite. Cheers Mike, John C : )

goodknightmike
strngdrvnthng wrote:

No on that...I've a Noj walnut Dubrovnik, a red stained custom Noj/DGT Dubrovnik and now a CB Dubrovnik...so I think I'm pretty much Dubrovniked to the max...though having said that I might squeeze in a CB or HOS black Dubrovnik...maybe ebony should that appear on the market. I think my next set will be a HOS new Cooke set. It has the early Jaques flavor, which is my favorite. Cheers Mike, John C : )

Well John, the black stain CB 4"  Dubrovnik should be out soon.  I'll think I'll pull the triigger on this one too! The HOS Cooke set is really sweet. Now that's a set I'd love to see with a 4" King.

RulezSuck
goodknightmike wrote:
sandygomez wrote:

I have ordered stained crimson color & desperately waiting for it, will post pictures when I get it. :) :) Hate Waiting for a Package!! 

So, What's going to be CB's next move!!! looks like chessbazaar will need to come up with black stain version of dubrovnik now. Cool

goodknightmike
sandygomez09 wrote:
goodknightmike wrote:
sandygomez wrote:

I have ordered stained crimson color & desperately waiting for it, will post pictures when I get it. :) :) Hate Waiting for a Package!! 

So, What's going to be CB's next move!!! looks like chessbazaar will need to come up with black stain version of dubrovnik now. 

You should get your set between 4 and 7 days.  Yeah, the black stain 4" Dubrov along with a dark rosewood wil be out in 7 days or so!.

goodknightmike

ChessBazaar will wil coming out with their 4" version of the Dubrovnik set in about 2 weeks or so. The sets will be offered in a Black stain Boxwood and Dark Roswewood.