Forums

Post Your Chess Sets

WoodUMakeIt

Chess Table

I made this padauk and curly maple chess table a couple of months ago and finally got around to posting a video. If you're interesting in seeing how something like this is made, there are a lot of interesting tidbits in this one.  https://youtu.be/1trimnIxeqk

Mohan_Kumar_Chess

@WoodUMakeIt

The Table is gorgeous. Also the Alexander's Bucephalus pieces. Was that from chessbazaar?

KineticPawn

Beautiful table. I look forward to seeing the video as always. The table at least initially looks similar to @QtothelevelQ3 walnut table. 



Pawnerai
WoodUMakeIt wrote:

I made this padauk and curly maple chess table a couple of months ago and finally got around to posting a video. If you're interesting in seeing how something like this is made, there are a lot of interesting tidbits in this one.  https://youtu.be/1trimnIxeqk

There goes my morning! Haha. Thank you for taking the time to create, edit and post the video Mike. 

WoodUMakeIt
Mohan_Kumar_Chess wrote:

@WoodUMakeIt

The Table is gorgeous. Also the Alexander's Bucephalus pieces. Was that from chessbazaar?

 

Yes, the client ordered the pieces from ChessBazaar and had them delivered to my house so that I could take photos of the board with his pieces. I drove everything up to DC and hand-delivered it to him. It's always nice to meet a client in person.

 

WoodUMakeIt
KineticPawn wrote:

Beautiful table. I look forward to seeing the video as always. The table at least initially looks similar to @QtothelevelQ3 walnut table. 

 

Yes, the design concept looks quite similar. Thanks for showing it to me.



 

KineticPawn

@WoodUMakeIt Amazing video, the amount of precision that's needed is incredible.  The picture you choose to post here hardly does the table justice. That curly maple is gorgeous.  

magictwanger

Ditto for me...Ultra impressive!

Powderdigit
@woodUMakeIt - Mike, that is stunning - thanks for posting it here. Wonderful skills and a superb table! The client in DC must be happy.