Forums

Post Your Chess Sets

Sort:
hermanjohnell
Ninecastles wrote:
hermanjohnell wrote:

Nice pieces but the mane on the knight looks too fragile for a players set.

Hey hermanjohnell, I can't argue that with you, thats why it is only a standard playing set and never a bullet or blitz playing set. I wouldn't dare to play such games on this set...(especially considering how aggressive I can play during these types of matches lol!). Thank for the compliment hermanjohnell!

More like a white gloves on and please dear god do not sneeze kind of set...

Ninecastles
hermanjohnell wrote:
Ninecastles wrote:
hermanjohnell wrote:

Hey hermanjohnell, I can't argue that with you, thats why it is only a standard playing set and never a bullet or blitz playing set. I wouldn't dare to play such games on this set...(especially considering how aggressive I can play during these types of matches lol!). Thank for the compliment hermanjohnell!

Lol...come on hermanjohnell set are meant to be played with my friend, unless they're for displaying purposes only. I play with every set I own (well, at least once or twice to be fare!) just for principle. I love you watch chess lovers throw their pieces ($1000+ sets) into a box or bag when handling them. I truly believe thats what they are meant for in the first place. Now, I do understand that there can be exceptions to this rule but all in all... I used to be like that when I was younger but then one day I said to myself...(I would regret dying tomorrow and never even playing on that beautiful set of mine!). But I should hire you to remind me to take it easy on my sets lol...thanks for your words brother!

DesperateKingWalk
Ninecastles wrote:
hermanjohnell wrote:
Ninecastles wrote:
hermanjohnell wrote:

Lol...come on hermanjohnell set are meant to be played with my friend, unless they're for displaying purposes only. I play with every set I own (well, at least once or twice to be fare!) just for principle. I love you watch chess lovers throw their pieces ($1000+ sets) into a box or bag when handling them. I truly believe thats what they are meant for in the first place. Now, I do understand that there can be exceptions to this rule but all in all... I used to be like that when I was younger but then one day I said to myself...(I would regret dying tomorrow and never even playing on that beautiful set of mine!). But I should hire you to remind me to take it easy on my sets lol...thanks for your words brother!

Do not listen to that nonsense. That chess set can be used for blitz without issues. And is the chess set used in the St. Louis Rapid and Blitz tournament.

Your chess set is a PLAYERS chess set. wink

Ninecastles
DesperateKingWalk wrote:
Ninecastles wrote:
hermanjohnell wrote:
Ninecastles wrote:
hermanjohnell wrote:

Do not listen to that nonsense. That chess set can be used for blitz without issues. And is the chess set used in the St. Louis Rapid and Blitz tournament.

Your chess set is a PLAYERS chess set.

I think so too....thanks for the conformation though!

ungewichtet
DesperateKingWalk wrote:

And is the chess set used in the St. Louis Rapid and Blitz tournament.

Haha, my friends, what with this photo? "Phantom Veniceport and Dr.Hikamura solving the sneeze issue" happy.png Bless you, Herm and Desp!

hermanjohnell
ungewichtet wrote:
DesperateKingWalk wrote:

Haha, my friends, what with this photo? "Phantom Veniceport and Dr.Hikamura solving the sneeze issue" Bless you, Herm and Desp!

G´sundheit!

Yenster1
hermanjohnell wrote:

G´sundheit!

happy Heard that many times, but never even thought about how that's spelled.

DesperateKingWalk
hermanjohnell wrote:
ungewichtet wrote:
DesperateKingWalk wrote:

Haha, my friends, what with this photo? "Phantom Veniceport and Dr.Hikamura solving the sneeze issue" Bless you, Herm and Desp!

G´sundheit!

You guys are Geniuses. It is the photo showing the chess set at the Blitz Tournament in St. Louis in 2021. That Herm said was not a Players Chess Set..gringringrincry

The Chess set and Photo was from 2021 during Covid.....again GENUIS. cry

Now you know "what with this photo"...

""The 2021 St. Louis Rapid and Blitz Commemorative Chess Pieces (1 of 10 sets only)."" -Ninecastles

2021 Saint louis shankland

ungewichtet

I believe, Sam was somehow scared of the photoshooting, so they sent in Phantom Veniceport and Dr. Hikamura to cheer him up and it kind of backfired.

Mine was a genius post, because it achieved with friendly mockery to save the Richard vs. Hikaru photo from Corona and to name you and Herman in one breath like Czech friends Lolek&Bolek as if all was good. Now replace 'genius' with genial, please.