Forums

winning strategy

Sort:
cheechakp

I have been working with Chess Mentor lessons for about six months, now, and have developed a formula that works for me almost every time.  It may or may not work for others.

Whenever I am faced with a choice of two or more moves, I have found that the one which I consider the least favorable turns out to be the correct one.  From that I draw two conclusions; that it is a sneaky way to win, and that I am a hopeless chess dunce.

bjazz

Kudos for your insight.

cheechakp
[COMMENT DELETED]
Borneo_Chess

take a free lesson from my winning game archive,Cool

macer75

Posting a couple of specific examples would be very helpful in this case. That is, if you're still having the same problem after 3 years, of course.

Casual_Joe

That's like trying to solve any puzzle.  It wouldn't be a puzzle if the solution was just a normal move, so you know it's some crazy move.  I'm not sure how useful that is for real chess when most of the time the best move is a "normal" looking move.

Borneo_Chess
Casual_Joe wrote:

That's like trying to solve any puzzle.  It wouldn't be a puzzle if the solution was just a normal move, so you know it's some crazy move.  I'm not sure how useful that is for real chess when most of the time the best move is a "normal" looking move.

Some crazy move and punish the blunders successfully !