Forums

A game with the Nimzovitsch defense

Sort:
Andnar

Andnar

Sorry I was playing as black not white I put the names backwards

Moon_Knight

Nice one DimPhoenix! Move 11 was genuis! It took me a few seconds to get.. Idea was to recapture with queen if taken immediately and castle queenside right, immobolizing his pieces?

Personally I can never pull of such positional feats so that move really impressed me!

Kens_Mom
Moon_Knight wrote:

Nice one DimPhoenix! Move 11 was genuis! It took me a few seconds to get.. Idea was to recapture with queen if taken immediately and castle queenside right, immobolizing his pieces?

Personally I can never pull of such positional feats so that move really impressed me!

It's actually a forced mate if the knight is captured.

Andnar
Moon_Knight wrote:

Thanks dude, yeah taking with the queen would come next and Kf1 Qf2#, alternatively Kh1 Nf2+ Kg1 Nh3++ (Kf1 Qf2# again) Kh1 Qg1+! Rxg1 Nf2#

Ampediotitz

Fantasticus...

GreenCastleBlock

Answering the threat might be a good idea .. 11.Nc4 perhaps.

isaacnewt

Nice.

However 4.Bb5 worries me a bit, ergo a6 makes sense since on Bd3 Black can play Nb4 followed by c5.

“Strategically important points should be overprotected. If the pieces are so engaged, they get their regard in the fact that they will then find themselves well posted in every respect. First restrain, next blockade, lastly destroy.” ― Aron Nimzowitsch

Andnar

ahhh seeing games I was proud of when i played them 5 years ago is strange lol

misterbasic
When did you become a master btw?
Andnar
misterbasic wrote:
When did you become a master btw?

November 2014. I was 16 at the time

http://www.uschess.org/datapage/ratings_graph.php?memid=14011512 

tbh my rating hasn't gone up much since then lol 

misterbasic

That's cool man, I'm still working on getting to expert T_T