Forums

Aggressive Response to 4...Nf6 in the Scotch

Sort:
CHCL

I started reading this post on the Parham and Matrix system and it doesn't make sense.

CHCL
whatupyodog2 wrote:
Rubidium wrote:
The_Gavinator wrote:

That's cute.

No, the Parham is MURDERING, BLOODTHIRSTY, and an UNSTOPPABLE ATTACK.

Restrictions apply. Do not take Parham if you have stomach, liver, or kidney problems. Side effects include not learning about chess, painfull death, or a win in less than 5 moves. Contact your doctor if Parham is right for you. 

lol, but in all seriousness, the parham pwns.

It does not.

Eris_Discordia

Rubidium, I'm talking about this position.

This is after 4. Bc5.

The_Gavinator
CHCL wrote:

I started reading this post on the Parham and Matrix system and it doesn't make sense.

Or maybe you don't understand it...

Rubidium

No idea. Let me check the database...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Wi8Fv0AJA4

Rubidium
Eris_Discordia wrote:

Rubidium, I'm talking about this position.

This is after 4. Bc5.

The database says 5.c3 5.0-0 and 5.Ng5. I would play c3, a gambit for developement. 0-0 is premature for me. I would rather wait. But that's just my style.

Rubidium

http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1132566

Rubidium

…in the Matrix system, the bishop is just as powerful as the Rook because it can support its Queen in delivering the quickest checkmate possible (QED).

Eris_Discordia

Thanks. Smile

Ben_Dubuque

after rereading the posts, only The Gavinator and whatup find the parham as the best opening ever, pfren recomends we all stop studying opening theory (actualy I stoped after I realized it wasn't helping my game)

The rest of us found the mainline agressive enough, and that 4. ... Qh4?! is just rediculous because black puts himself in an awkward position for that free pawn.

so Gavinator and whatup are the people that they refer to as we. so yeah.

Ben_Dubuque

no I refer to most sane people who understand that bringing the queen out on move two only to have to move it again a few moves later and then to have your quote on quote unstopable attack fall flat on its face and be t-bagged by Master Chief is not a good way to play. At least in the Lopez if Black defends correctly your position doesn't have gaping flaws. and same with the KG same with the Evan's Gambit, same with a lot of other openings that most sane people play.

The_Gavinator

Lol bro...

NachtWulf
alexlaw wrote:
The_Gavinator wrote:

The KG sucks, except the Dobule Muzio. Here's how I'd rank chess openings:

1. Parham

2. Double Muzio

3. Fried Liver

4. Waite-Harrison

5. Every other opening except King's Gambit (not including the Double Muzio)

you put double muzio because i beat whatupyodog with it?

LOL

At this rate, you should use the hippo and bongocloud against them, and convince them to convert to using those!

NachtWulf

Why is scandinavian up there? What's white's best line against the classical variant?

finalunpurez

i think the classical mainline scandinavian is slighly worse for black. am i right?

NachtWulf

The main reason I asked is because half of the games that I've played OTB have been the scandinavian, from both sides (several months ago). I don't play it any longer, but would be interested in ideas for white against it, in the likely case that I see it again.

NachtWulf

Why do you consider black worse? I'm not trying to argue (in fact, I'd sure like it if there was, in fact, a refutation for it!), but rather, I'd like to learn about how others deal with the Scandinavian when playing white.

The_Gavinator

Double Muzio is ruthless, I've beaten tons of players rated USCF 1500+ with it... The Parham is much more sound, but almost as strong

Helzeth

rd1 would have been an improvement on nd5.

Nf3 would have been an improvement on qh5 

Rubidium

Gavinator: if the parham instantly wins, why are you sharing it's secret with us? Better to be quiet and keep us ignorant, right?

This forum topic has been locked