Forums

Best offensive opening for black

Sort:
Crooper

Hey guys.Can anyone tell me whats best(with minimum of weakness) offensive opening for black. :D Thank you...Wink

Crooper

French is to closed for me... :D I don't like to play sicilian.I mean i can play it if i have to xD thankes

AlxMaster
TheGreatOogieBoogie

Paulsen Sicilian, and whatever you do, don't go for the pin variation.  Even 4...Qb6!? is a great option, but best used for a surprize if you absolutely must win.  It's not a forced win (white has a slight advantage, like any other opening) but the fact that it's a sound yet rare variation will accomplish some things:

1.White will think you played crap, and will look for a refutation.  This results in being overly aggressive and getting into puzzle mode. 

2.You will likely be far better booked than white here.

3.The endgames in these variations are clean and spectacular, usually rook or queen and rook endgames with at worse two pawn islands on your side. 

4.You can play 4...Qb6 with 2...Nc6 variations too. 

Against 1.d4 the Queen's Indian systems with ...Bb4 and ...c5 are great, and the Dutch has very aggressive potential.  Just book up on dangerous anti-Dutches and you'll do fine:

1.d4,f5 2.Qd3,e6 3.g4,fxg4 4.h3,g3!? is the proper way to decline the Manhattan Gambit for one. 

1.d4,f5 2.c4,g6 is the Leningrad Dutch, a great system.

1.d4,f5 2.Bg5,g6 developing the bishop so you don't have to accept an awkward structure after 2....Nf6 3.Bxf6.  A common rookie mistake is 2.Bg5,h6?! 3.Bh5,g5 and your kingside pawn structure is too loose, you don't want that. 

Against 1.Nf3 1...f5 is tempting, but white has 2.d3! where many of your goals and options aren't viable as e4 is covered nicely. 

I like 1...Nf6 and go for a queen's indian setup. 

against 1.c4 I really like 1...e5 systems as they imbalance things and dull symmetry is very unlikely. 

Crooper

ScorpionPackAttack thank you for idea to play Mannhatan Gambit but its low number of players to play that kind of opening...I mean all openings you suggest are pretty good but i most like Mannhatan Gambit. :D

Crooper

Spanish,Queen Gambit...

Crooper

I can play everything.French was my favorite opening 1 year ago.

ManeuverMaster

Marshall gambit

TetsuoShima

Najdorf, gruenfeld and Kings indian

TetsuoShima

If u mean Sound aggressive

tmkroll

I would think Bird's Defense to the Ruy would be considered the most offensive.

Crooper

Thank you all but i decided to play dutch defence :D

QueenTakesKnightOOPS

No doubt on the Sicilian against e4, its better described as a counter attack rather than a defence & my preference would be the Dragon or the Najdorf.

For d4 I like the Grunfeld, another sharp hypermodern counter attack & it avoids the complexity of the Kings Indian & whites huge pawn centre.

royalbishop
Crooper wrote:

ScorpionPackAttack thank you for idea to play Mannhatan Gambit but its low number of players to play that kind of opening...I mean all openings you suggest are pretty good but i most like Mannhatan Gambit. :D

What is the ECO for the ScorpionPackAttack? Can not find this opening at all.

TheGreatOogieBoogie
Crooper wrote:

It's quite rare for white to play the Manhattan Gambit though but ...f5 still leads to great attacking potential for black. 

Royalbishop: It was a fatality in Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, though the screen blanked out for it. 

ZZXatu
ZZXatu

lol

daragonk3

Hi

sivak86

Ruy lopez Berlin defence