Forums

[For 2200+] Free course on the Nimzo Indian: Theoretical refutation of the Kmoch variation

Sort:
Garudapura

Helloo, this is a video about the theoretical attempt to refute the Kmoch variation with 4.f3 c5!

Its obviously free for anyone but I think it might just be confusing for those under 2200. It is an advanced topic just talking about how to play against it but there's the pgn file in the description so you can follow along with the video.

https://youtu.be/kovRRgwbtZU

I am going to upload another video to to complete this course by discussing probably the most played variation by black with 4.f3 d5

Thank you!

nighteyes1234

Good video....as far as.thinking of playing tough against Kmoch. I dont want to criticize your study.

But.....lol....there is no refutation. White +.02.

Your main line was +.08, until you moved 10..a6. And thats basically fatal for black. So if white was as much against Nimzo,  as you are vs Kmoch, you would be toast. And thats per Leela and SF(Nnue). So it works depending on how much openings a person knows. Id say 1800-2200. If someone is playing Nimzo, Id say they are familar with Kmoch so by the time they are 2200, there is a lot of duplication material in  the video.

Garudapura
nighteyes1234 wrote:

Good video....as far as.thinking of playing tough against Kmoch. I dont want to criticize your study.

But.....lol....there is no refutation. White +.02.

Your main line was +.08, until you moved 10..a6. And thats basically fatal for black. So if white was as much against Nimzo,  as you are vs Kmoch, you would be toast. And thats per Leela and SF(Nnue). So it works depending on how much openings a person knows. Id say 1800-2200. If someone is playing Nimzo, Id say they are familar with Kmoch so by the time they are 2200, there is a lot of duplication material in  the video.

Thankss for the criticism, but yeahh I totally agree. Obviously there's no foolproof refutation but I researched these lines because I know most of our opponents won't know these lines so like in a classical game it may be a good side line deviation as a surprise weapon cause one mistake by white and it's technically over.

That being said it 's definitely not the most comfortable position and objectively equal😅 Thanks for the comments!

PerpetuallyPinned

While I'm not close to 2300 online or off...

Most playing Kmoch would prefer anything other than 4...c5, pressuring d4.

In the line you covered 10...a6, (I think 10...c4 is more popular) 12.Bxh7+ can't be used as the main continuation. A blunder by White refutes the refutation

Garudapura
PerpetuallyPinned wrote:

While I'm not close to 2300 online or off...

Most playing Kmoch would prefer anything other than 4...d5, preventing e4.

In the line you covered 10...a6, (I think 10...c4 is more popular) 12.Bxh7+ can't be used as the main continuation. A blunder by White refutes the refutation

Yeahh I'm about to make a video on 4...d5 because it is definitely more comfortable to play, Yeahh the move 10...a6 in hindsight I would say is somewhat dubious although tricky. I should've been more thorough and suggested either c4 or Nc7. Thanks for the correction

Garudapura
pfren wrote:

Your main line was +.08, until you moved 10..a6. And thats basically fatal for black. 

Oh really?  10...a6 seems like a very interesting move, as far as I'm concerned. Can you show your evidence, or this came out of Epiphany?

Maybe white can improve over the analysis with 13.Bd2 instead of 13.Qe2, but the position is still messy, and while interesting, it's clear that Black still has to work towards equality.

The analysis is interesting, although you pace the video very fast. I hope you don't do the same while analysing!

I have played this line with ...d6 preceding ...b5, and... well, it's still messy and very complex. The current trend which gives Black a decent game without entering chaotic lines is 4.f3 d5 5.a3 Be7!? 6.e4 dxe4 7.fxe4 c5!? (7...e5 used to be the main move) which is fashionable, and covered at a recent article in NIC Yearbook 135.

Yeahh I was careless to just suggest a6 in such a complex position, I will make a correction in the comments. That line with 4...d5 and then 7...c5 is very interesting, I'll need to analyze and compare it with 7...e5 cause the former leads to a very comfortable position. Thank you for the insight! still learning here so forgive me for the mistake haha

Garudapura
pfren wrote:

Ok. But I do suggest to pace your second video much slower, and be more verbose at your comments, The first one looks like a transmission of a blitz game. It is potentially good work, but you don't do it a favor.

Okayy, will do!