Forums

Is anything better for me than the Parham?

Sort:
Michael-G

The greatest player ever , whoever he is, would tell you the same.Some of the non greatest players ever also tell you the same.The problem is that you are not able to comit your self to serious study.You are pretending that you are by doing foolish questions that others , unfortunately answer seriously.But instead of admitting that you do foolish questions , the easy solution is to call me rude.It's the solution that makes you forget that you say nonsense.

Lets' assume for a moment that I am right and you indeed say nonsense?(only for a moment , not for more)

Who is the rude and who is the polite? 

If a 4 years old kid wanted to drive a car and couldn't accept that this can't happen , who would be rude?The one that would try to advise him how to drive or the one that would tell him to stop saying and acting like a fool?

Don't answer me , I don't need an answer ,answer that to yourself.

The_Gavinator

I didn't say that you say nonsense, I said you don't need to be rude. I'm pretty sure people would agree that you have been rude, so just chill out bro.

About your car thing, if you told the kid "I'm sorry, that's not legal", that would be understandable. If you told the kid "F--- off, get out of here", I don't think that's appropriate. You obviously, are the second one, so just settle down.

Also, that is a completely unapplicable scenerio. It is is illegal for a 4-year old to drive. Playing the Parham is an opening, which anyone can play. I know it doesn't follow opening rules, but here's how I think of it. In the MLB, the majority of pitchers pitch overhand. However, there are also sidearm and knuckleball pitchers. That method isn't wrong, but just not as popular.

utarefson

Michael-G is right. I saw your games few minutes ago. It's not the problem in Opening. You just need to practise and learn more. Sticking to 2. Qh5 will make you weak - others will advance when you'll just still stay at 13 hundreds level.

Or maybe you'd like to stuck. Anyway, enjoy chess.

And one more - if you want aggresive play, then you should start with 1. Nc3 e5 2. d4 and if Black takes 2. ... exd4 3. Qxd4.

Good luck.

The_Gavinator

I don't pay attention during online chess, I watch tv and I just use it to be doing something, if I sit down and focus I don't hang pieces, I assure you.

ciljettu, you mentioned vienna game, what lines would you recommend? It seems most of these just transpose to the giuoco pianissimo.

Michael-G

The scenario is not inapplicable.A son of a friend wanted to drive his bike and he insisted.So what do you do to a kid that stubbornly refuses to accept a very simple truth?I ask you again , should anyone take that kid seriously?Is that kid saying nonsense when insisting to drive the bike or not?It's exactly what you do.

Your example is completely wrong.Baseball can't be compared with chess and pitchers can't be compared with openings.In chess there is something that is more important than pitchers or openings and that is understanding.Without that you can do nothing.You will  continue to be a below average player of an on-line site that will improve extremely slowly.In 5 years from now you will either abandon chess or start accusing others because you didn' improve at all.

It is not opernings you need.Choose a simpe thing play it and it's over.You don't have a style because you don't even know what exactly chess is.You need serious endgame and middle-game study.If you do that , in 2 years you will laugh with your nonsense because you will know , beyond any doubt, that what you today say is indeed nonsense.There is no polite way to say that thing and you don't need to be the greatest player in the world to see it.

Do you need to be the greatest dirver in the world to say to a 4 years old kid that it is nonsense to insist on driving his father's bike?Anyone can say it and will be right about it.Or not?

The_Gavinator

I wasn't comparing baseball to openings, I was comaring it to principle. Most people believe you should push central pawns, develop knights and bishops, castle, then start looking to attack, or let's say overhand pitching.

Then there are people who believe you should fianchetto bishops, push flank pawns, and undermine the center from the outsides, or sidearm pitchers.

Then there are those who believe "the queen is the best piece, so let's use it". This is matrix chess, whereas the first two were classical and hypermodernism, respectively. Neither is correct, just different from eachother.

The_Gavinator

Matrix chess has just come around. I'm sure the first time people saw hypermodernism they thought those guys were insane too.

The_Gavinator

He used his system to become a chess master, it obviously works pretty well...

The_Gavinator

Lol, I am quite rational, you guys just seem to be arguing with no merit...

CHCL

In my opinion, the Parham is busted.

The_Gavinator

That f6 knight is easily pinned, to stop it black must do h6 followed by g5, and ruin their kingside. A strong attacker could easily exlpoit that.

CHCL

Here is a sample line...The moves might not be sound, but this line makes my point.

The_Gavinator

move seven would be Nc3

waffllemaster

Ok, so now I figure he's just trolling Laughing.  Gav's totally ignoring comments and keeps repeating the same junk.

The_Gavinator

7. h3 is a waste of a move...

The_Gavinator

I actually like to play Nc3 on move 6, to offer immediate support against d5

CHCL
The_Gavinator

The knight is still extremely vulnerable. Anyways, nobody has given a better attacking option, in most other lines white dominates.

CHCL
The_Gavinator wrote:

nobody has given a better attacking option, in most other lines white dominates.

What do you mean by that???

The_Gavinator

Name another opening where white is better at attacking (non-gambit) :P. That's all I've wanted from the start.

This forum topic has been locked