My Opening Invention

Ben_Dubuque

they are about equal because you failed to include the amount of vairability into the percentages. eg it would be 55% plus or minus 5% due to incompleteness same with the 45% one. so they are about equal. neither is clearly winning or clearly loosing unless we are talking parlimentary procedures.

TonyH

statisitics say that white has a slight advantage. something like 5%(rough I can look it up but thats about right) so if something is 50 50 then black has gained ground. why when people say a position has given equal chances its not good for white.

TonyH

yep i have multple times. I have chessbase 2012 opening book , megabase blah blah blah. king's gambit a player is often playing for all 3 results. 
it is a "good' opening in that it fits into a logical struture that can be utilized later in other openings where white plays f4 later. it teaches development and logical attacks.
Blacks wins are also a bit skewed due to the number of lower rated players trying to play it against higher rated ones who arent fooled by it due to the forcing lines that are easy to remember.
if it is so bad for white do you really think Carlsen and Nakamura would play it in serious touraments and events against serious players 

TonyH

BIG BIG BIG difference when nakamura played it

he was 2657 playing someone who was 2642 it was 2005 oh and he LOST!! so he was 17 and his  self confidence bordered on arrogance. he was not close to wher ehe is now and actually after this and another embarrassment he decided to get serious about openings study and well. he is top 10...

When your playing the top players in the world you do NOT mess around. The risk is too great and the cost too much from a rating perspective. drop below 10 and your invites drop and your income as well.

this is also 2012! so when was the last time he played it since he was 2700 or ANY 2700 played the patzer opening in a serious tournament? dont worry I will wait.....

I can point at multiple times GMS have played the kings gambit in serious events at 2700 level in 2012 alone.... 

The results tell the tail Nakamura LOST (::I was better but lost because I tried to hard to win from an EQUAL POSITION!!::) and he drew against players he was clearly more talented than and just a better player than. 
Has he attempted this openings since his 2005 debacle?
Has Nakramura played it in any event?

Has ANY titled master played it in ANY serious event since 2012?

I have games of GM Kamsky played 1 Na3 2. Nh3 against everything black played on ICC blitz. 

Your support of this based on TWO!!!!!! games played by a young GM where he lost and drew and using this as the crux of an argument is just absurd. Can you expect anyone to take you or anyone that supports the Patzer opening seriously based on this? National masters , International Masters, Grandmasters have said the samething about 2. Qh5 and they are just told by class players they are wrong... It reminds me of a scene in the movie "the waterboy" Where adam sandler got in an argument with the teacher saying "but momma said,...!"

Yereslov
nameno1had wrote:
Yereslov wrote:
nameno1had wrote:

You do realize taking a Russian nickname won't make you play like one, even if you have your opponent thinking you are one for a few seconds? Right?

You do realize my name is not Russian, right?

If you are trying to convince me that you either don't understand what you read or that you are getting desperate for material, its working.

No, it has to do with the fact my name isn't Russian.

ClavierCavalier
Sungolian wrote:
pfren wrote:

No free lessons anymore, I'm sorry. I don't mind doing that for players with some potential (quite the opposite) but I see no good reason arguing like a fool with arrogant subpatzers.

LOL free lessons? You haven't posted anything in this thread worth learning about. Only thing I learned from this thread is that you think you're a better chess player than 5 GMs. I wouldn't want a lesson from you even if you paid me!

I think it would be great to take lessons from an IM.  You go on later to trash him more and then say he's not even a GM, but you're not a titled player at all.  IM pfren seems to be offering debate, not just slinging insults.

On the original subject, here is the opening I created.  I call it the Scared Chicken Defense:

Yereslov
TonyH wrote:

BIG BIG BIG difference when nakamura played it

he was 2657 playing someone who was 2642 it was 2005 oh and he LOST!! so he was 17 and his  self confidence bordered on arrogance. he was not close to wher ehe is now and actually after this and another embarrassment he decided to get serious about openings study and well. he is top 10...

When your playing the top players in the world you do NOT mess around. The risk is too great and the cost too much from a rating perspective. drop below 10 and your invites drop and your income as well.

this is also 2012! so when was the last time he played it since he was 2700 or ANY 2700 played the patzer opening in a serious tournament? dont worry I will wait.....

I can point at multiple times GMS have played the kings gambit in serious events at 2700 level in 2012 alone.... 

The results tell the tail Nakamura LOST (::I was better but lost because I tried to hard to win from an EQUAL POSITION!!::) and he drew against players he was clearly more talented than and just a better player than. 
Has he attempted this openings since his 2005 debacle?
Has Nakramura played it in any event?

Has ANY titled master played it in ANY serious event since 2012?

I have games of GM Kamsky played 1 Na3 2. Nh3 against everything black played on ICC blitz. 

Your support of this based on TWO!!!!!! games played by a young GM where he lost and drew and using this as the crux of an argument is just absurd. Can you expect anyone to take you or anyone that supports the Patzer opening seriously based on this? National masters , International Masters, Grandmasters have said the samething about 2. Qh5 and they are just told by class players they are wrong... It reminds me of a scene in the movie "the waterboy" Where adam sandler got in an argument with the teacher saying "but momma said,...!"

Bobby Fischer would never think like this. It was all about imgination for him. The risks were worth it.

Yereslov
Firepower8 wrote:

now there are other lines such as e4 e5 f4 exf4 bc4 nf6 nc3 c6 which give black an equal position, but where is this immediete advantage against the KG you claim? you are an insignificant pinapple (pfren claims you cant pay bananas so i charge this)

Most major GM's consider the KG unsound. This includes Garry Kasparov.

TonyH

the problem firepower is that many of those lines are VERY sharp. and one slip things go sideways and you lose. Players at this level spend hours prepping for a game and learning modern theory (see the aronian-mcshane game) and try to find a critical move to challenge their opponent ina line they played in the past but didnt play accurately and might have forgotten the result or not considered an option because the game turned out favorably for them. 

One thing that i have noticed in recent years is that top players are becoming a moving target. They are playing a large number of systems so players cannt surprise them as easily especially the lower rated 2660 fish (jk) Ivanchuk plays everything, Magnus is hard to predict, Aronian too. THe players that are more predictible like Rajabov and his king's indian struggle at times because they can get caught in a 'trap'.

Anywayt to answer your question my guess is the game played today was a trick because Naka saw his opponent played something against it that wasnt normal and wanted to challenge him in it. 

pfren

The interesting question is what Naka had in mind after 6.c4 Nb4 7.d4 Bf5, which seems to be the most challenging reply?

But his opponent did not bother checking out, played the "easy" move 6...Nf6 and had next to zero trouble equalizing.

PatriotScout

Been done before. I believe it is a Caro-Kann variation. You are not the first to come up with it so you can't name it. Besides I think it already has a name.

TonyH

Ya I suspect it was an attempt by Naka to surprise his opponent and try to catch him out of his main theory OR keep some prep hidden for a bigger game later perhaps. 

Kaluki
[COMMENT DELETED]
Eeveelution

7 pages of comments? Are all trolls this well fed here?

Yereslov
Predalien17 wrote:

7 pages of comments? Are all trolls this well fed here?

Only those who deserved to be trolled.

pfren

Isn't that the pot calling the kettle back?

Yereslov
ApexKiller wrote:

Yereslov is a beginnerof rating 1200, guys hes just starting out so let his young mind wander aroung opening systems. But remember this, that is not a new variation, if u guys want to see a REAL NEW OPENING check out the 'NEW Sicilian Gambit', the Poisned Pawn Gambit that i take credit for designing specifically for Pawn Lovers, like me

I know more about the opening than 99.99% of the players at my local club .

Grobzilla
Yereslov wrote:
ApexKiller wrote:

Yereslov is a beginnerof rating 1200, guys hes just starting out so let his young mind wander aroung opening systems. But remember this, that is not a new variation, if u guys want to see a REAL NEW OPENING check out the 'NEW Sicilian Gambit', the Poisned Pawn Gambit that i take credit for designing specifically for Pawn Lovers, like me

I know more about the opening than 99.99% of the players at my local club .

So, there are 10,001 players at your club, and only one knows more about THE opening? By the way, I love trolls.

Grobzilla
Powerlevel_9001 wrote:

someone fed him first, look above at post #91

As to why, apparently you didn't read my last line.

Yereslov

I don't think any of you are intelligent enough to get that this a joke.

You would think someone who plays chess would be a little more perceptive.

It's not trolling when I upset you. It's only trolling when I try.