Forums

The Queenside Fried Liver

Sort:
whatupyodog

Jim if all you are going to do is bash this opening without even saying why, please do not comment anymore on this topic. So far this opening has been proved unstoppable and you are probably just mad because you did not come up with this magnificent opening. When you get over your jealousy and will talk like a reasonable person i will gladly hear what you have to say.

jim483

thank u for not insulting me. only been playing for 10 weeks and was beaten numerous times by the parham but i hit the books, didn't like 2...nc6 but have had repeated success with 2...nf6. i'm actually waiting for somebody to school me for this move because losing is learning to me. researched the parham today and didn't know it could be played  from the black side also. gavinator's comment that most on here are garbage is very off putting.

jim483

exscuse me, i think u were talking about the qsfl not the parham. i've been clipped by the fork before and now when i see bf4 i've been ready, usually because i don't play ...d5 follow by ...nf6 but dont mind ...c6 but to tell the truth i can't say for sure how these games went  when facing qsfl, which the first time  i've heard that move order referd as that. will be on the lookout for it now, so its all good, ultimatley i learned something,

Ben_Dubuque

so tell me why does the KID not hold up, doesn't d6 prevent the problem with the bishop hitting c7 and it allows the knight to develop to its naturaul square

The_Gavinator

My point is that c6 blocks in your knight, and that gives black a hard time developing pieces. This is forced upon you by the qsfl, which is why it is a powerful system. Most people except absolute beginners won't fall for the fork, but the powerful thing about this is the position it forces black in.

The_Gavinator

jetfigher, for the onethousandth time the move order after d4 is d5 or nf6. then after nc3, the other move is played.

Ben_Dubuque

am I forced to play it in a normal game, no so I can play whatever I feel like in that position

jim483

i really can't say how i faired after avoiding the fork. i'm sure i faced that formation, the qsfl, bu not recently. this stream has given me something to look out for, mull over, and keep track of. all part of the learning process.

The_Gavinator

The Majority of people would respond d5 and nf6, so that is what I'm basing my variations off of. Most of these cause black's position to be crippled so if you have defences, please base them off of that!

Chess4001

LOL! Why would white play 2. Nc3??

whatupyodog

Is that even a question? Because it is th main line in the qsfl which has so far been proven to be unstoppable

Ben_Dubuque

again c6, it is not as bad as you think, d7 is a squre that the knight can use, and it is perfectly acceptable, plus if you can cause a trade on d5 then c6 opens for your knight.

Ben_Dubuque
The_Gavinator

Jetfigher you just summed it up there. White has developed a BETTER army. That's the beauty right there. And Chess4001 look at the original post.

wuhw23

yeah, white might have gotten more pieces developed, but can white exploit that somehow? NO!

The_Gavinator

AdvLegitimate, please show me how? I think you are the troll, all you do is criticize this opening with no real proof on how it is "bad". And wuhw, the whole point of an opening is to try to get more pieces developed so you can launch an attack and win, which is exactly what this opening does.

jim483
AdvLegitimate wrote:

guys, the qsfl was shown to be dubious in about 4 ways per page, hes just trying to troll you now.

just give up and let this thread die.

believe so, about the "trolling" part, at least.

whatupyodog

Jim if you think we are trolling you then stop commenting on this beautiful opening/system. If you want to discuss it then discuss it, but stop bashing this opening without any reason.

jim483

whatever u say dog. anybody who can master such a beatiful opening system is much to man for me. i bow out to your superior intellect and mastery of the qsfl. i'm out y'all.

The_Gavinator

Finally, the trolls are tiring themselves out. We can once again discuss this opening in all seriousness, if you all have any comments about it feel free to share.