Forums

what sicilian opening is this?

Sort:
Elite_Spartan

Fear_ItseIf

its not a sicilian, its a semi slav defense

azziralc

Yes, agree with Fear_Itself. It's not sicilian.

azziralc

Sicilian Defense starts with 1.e4 c5

Nygren

Please don't misunderstand me, but I am curious to know why you ask which sicilian variation it is?

VLaurenT

This is a Sicilian Alapin : 1.e4 c5 2.c3 d5 3.exd5 Nf6 4.d4 cxd4 5.cxd4 Nxd5 6.Nc3 e6 7.Nxd5 Qxd5 8.Nf3 g6 9.Bd3 Tongue Out

azziralc
hicetnunc wrote:

This is a Sicilian Alapin : 1.e4 c5 2.c3 d5 3.exd5 Nf6 4.d4 cxd4 5.cxd4 Nxd5 6.Nc3 e6 7.Nxd5 Qxd5 8.Nf3 g6 9.Bd3

Really? Cool one. So this is the transposition of moves on Sicilian.

transpo

hicetnunc wrote:

This is a Sicilian Alapin : 1.e4 c5 2.c3 d5 3.exd5 Nf6 4.d4 cxd4 5.cxd4 Nxd5 6.Nc3 e6 7.Nxd5 Qxd5 8.Nf3 g6 9.Bd3

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hicetnunc apparently has a well developed: 4. Opening repertoire visualization pattern memory bank

VLaurenT
nyLsel wrote:
hicetnunc wrote:

Really? Cool one. So this is the transposition of moves on Sicilian.

Well, this variation is unlikely (especially as ...e6 and ...g6 don't mix too well), but still plausible, so I thought it would be funny to point out this possibility.

Some openings can lead to pawn structures featuring in other openings...

Elite_Spartan

Guys thank you for all your comments but when I looked it up more. It is actually the Caro Kann for black and the queens gambit for white lolz.

Jadeite
Elite_Spartan wrote:

It is actually the Caro Kann for black and the queens gambit for white lolz.

That's not how that works.

1RedKnight99
Elite_Spartan wrote:

Guys thank you for all your comments but when I looked it up more. It is actually the Caro Kann for black and the queens gambit for white lolz.

Caro Kann?!?!?!? Caro Kann is 1.e4 c6 2.d4 d5.

1RedKnight99

White never played e4.

Scottrf

He means that black has the same pawn formation as a Caro Kann. Like Jadeite says it doesn't work like that though.

Elite_Spartan

Im talking about black's opening by it self. Caro Kann is c6 than d5. Jrzmath99 if you knew so well why didn't you comment before?

1RedKnight99
Elite_Spartan wrote:

Im talking about black's opening by it self. Caro Kann is c6 than d5. Jrzmath99 if you knew so well why didn't you comment before?

it still doesn't work like that. It's like playing the sicilian without 1...c5.

Jadeite

Suddenly I understand where the title came from.

waffllemaster

Trolling?

Elite_Spartan

lol guys this was a troll. Dang hey wafflemaster you guessed it right. I was going to tell after someone asked me if it was a joke lol.

waffllemaster

Yay, I feel like I'm usually bad at spotting them, this time I got it right Smile