Forums

Aronian versus Kramnik

Sort:
trysts

I'm assuming that Aronian will try to trade his knight for Kramnik's white bishop, but looking into Houdini's line all the way to the 32nd move makes that hope look invisible to me.

Scottrf

A draw?

trysts
Scottrf wrote:

A draw?

I keep going through the top four Houdini lines after each move and it looks like they can draw if they both want to, at any time. But, if they don't want to draw then I believe the game will be very tense as they race their pawns down on each side of the board. I think we can assume that Kramnik wouldn't mind a draw, so it's up to Aronian to find a good position for his king, in my tiny opinionSmile

trysts

And as I wrote that, they drew!Laughing

Scottrf

No, I mean I think they agreed to a draw? Or not, my feed wasn't really working?

EDIT: Didn't see your post on the next page.

Kingpatzer

The post interview was really quite good for this game. 

Bronco

would have liked to see them play a bit more (so I can try to learn about the darn pawns) Frown

trysts

So now the match is tied 2-2, with game five on Friday.

Right now they will play an exhibition game, since they finished the classical game in under three hours. The time will be 25 minutes each side, w/ 10 second increment. This game doesn't count in the match and is not rated. It's just for fun!

trysts
Bronco70 wrote:

would have liked to see them play a bit more (so I can try to learn about the darn pawns) 

Same hereFrown

Bronco

thanks trysts. Going back to check it out

trysts
Kingpatzer wrote:

The post interview was really quite good for this game. 

I missed itFrown

trysts
Bronco70 wrote:

thanks trysts. Going back to check it out

You're welcome. I think I may watch it as wellSmile

trysts
ChristianSoldier007 wrote:

hm, I called the draw yesterday and the opening before the match. Trysts, Kramnik played the Rio De Janiro Variation that I was telling you about earlier, looks dubious at first, but very hard to beat.

Oh, yes! You've been quite prophetic latelyWink

trysts

Kramnik has the white pieces in the rapid game, but I'm going to stick with Aronian to win this oneSmile

Kingpatzer

For the rapid I hope they do something really crazy. Fankenstein-Dracula game or something :)

trysts

Oh! Kramnik is playing the same opening that I've been working on for two years! (with the early d3-c3)Very exciting!Smile

trysts
Kingpatzer wrote:

For the rapid I hope they do something really crazy. Fankenstein-Dracula game or something :)

Laughing

trysts

Well that was a fun gameSmile

@Christian: Perhaps your luck is changing?Wink

mrguy888
Joseph wrote:

someone wrote

"I've only heard about how monkeys can now type the complete works of Shakespeare."

http://blogs.wsj.com/numbersguy/no-monkey-business-typing-shakespeare-1092/

Complete works of Shakespeare?

So the favourite letter of monkeys in general is "S"?

jesterville

They actually played a variation to the Berlin that has never been played before...I think the draw was the fair outcome.

So before these games started I predicted a draw...and it looks like it will end that way. Two games left, with no need to take any risks...I think we will see d4 returning now...with both of the two being drawn.

Game 3 was the big surprise for me...how do you sac your Queen?...I could never do that...especially when it was not forced...