Forums

Aronian versus Kramnik

Sort:
netzach

Smile Good-luck (should work !)

Twpsyn

So, who now thinks that Kramnik deliberately played like a monkey in that first game as a tactical ploy?

netzach

I admired Kramnik today. Iron-psychology. No way could imagine playing that game against all the black-pieces today ! (& it took it's toll on Aronian in the end)

Twpsyn

I unfortunately didn't get to see the game live today (work) but I went through the game after work. The Queen is a very powerful piece, but it was very impressive considering that at one point he was playing against a rook, a knight and a bishop.

netzach

theoreticalboy

Of course he would disagree; he's far too stupid to understand how big an idiot he is.

netzach

Don't think chocolate pacifies him much...

trysts
Twpsyn wrote:

So, who now thinks that Kramnik deliberately played like a monkey in that first game as a tactical ploy?

What?Laughing

ivandh
trysts wrote:
Twpsyn wrote:

What?

It doesn't make any sense at all, monkeys have been banned from competition as they are far too talented.

mrguy888
ivandh wrote:
trysts wrote:
Twpsyn wrote:

What?

It doesn't make any sense at all, monkeys have been banned from competition as they are far too talented.

I have heard that there are monkeys who have solved chess in another dimension or something.

trysts

I've only heard about how monkeys can now type the complete works of Shakespeare.

mrguy888
trysts wrote:

I've only heard about how monkeys can now type the complete works of Shakespeare.

There is a guy on this very site who writes better than Shakespeare. If only we all had honers classes.

trysts

On this site? Who?Laughing

browni3141
trysts wrote:

And it only takes them an unimaginable amount of time.

trysts
browni3141 wrote:
trysts wrote:

And it only takes them an unimaginable amount of time.

And I guess they have to be in a room. I don't recall why they can't type in a tree.

mrguy888
trysts wrote:

On this site? Who?

Some kid in CPOTM February. Did you miss the fabulous Ryan?

trysts

Oh. RyanGarnerLaughing

ADChessplayer

amazing

Josephfdasefwe

someone wrote

"I've only heard about how monkeys can now type the complete works of Shakespeare."

http://blogs.wsj.com/numbersguy/no-monkey-business-typing-shakespeare-1092/

Complete works of Shakespeare?

trysts

Game four of the K&A match has started a few minutes ago. Aronian is playing white, and we have our second Berlin defence of the Spanish opening. Kramnik is not invincible with that defence. I thought the second game of the match was quite tense when this opening was played, even though it was the only draw thus far.

We're on move 17, and Houdini evaluates the position as even. Could be a very interesting endgame. I really like endgames lately, so this suites me just fineSmile