x
Chess - Play & Learn

Chess.com

FREE - In Google Play

FREE - in Win Phone Store

VIEW

Aronian versus Kramnik

Don't think chocolate pacifies him much...

Twpsyn wrote:

So, who now thinks that Kramnik deliberately played like a monkey in that first game as a tactical ploy?

What?Laughing

trysts wrote:
    Twpsyn wrote:

So, who now thinks that Kramnik deliberately played like a monkey in that first game as a tactical ploy?

What?

It doesn't make any sense at all, monkeys have been banned from competition as they are far too talented.

ivandh wrote:
    trysts wrote:
    Twpsyn wrote:

What?

It doesn't make any sense at all, monkeys have been banned from competition as they are far too talented.

I have heard that there are monkeys who have solved chess in another dimension or something.

I've only heard about how monkeys can now type the complete works of Shakespeare.

trysts wrote:

I've only heard about how monkeys can now type the complete works of Shakespeare.

There is a guy on this very site who writes better than Shakespeare. If only we all had honers classes.

On this site? Who?Laughing

trysts wrote:

And it only takes them an unimaginable amount of time.

browni3141 wrote:
    trysts wrote:

And it only takes them an unimaginable amount of time.

And I guess they have to be in a room. I don't recall why they can't type in a tree.

trysts wrote:

On this site? Who?

Some kid in CPOTM February. Did you miss the fabulous Ryan?

Oh. RyanGarnerLaughing

amazing

someone wrote

"I've only heard about how monkeys can now type the complete works of Shakespeare."

http://blogs.wsj.com/numbersguy/no-monkey-business-typing-shakespeare-1092/

Complete works of Shakespeare?

Game four of the K&A match has started a few minutes ago. Aronian is playing white, and we have our second Berlin defence of the Spanish opening. Kramnik is not invincible with that defence. I thought the second game of the match was quite tense when this opening was played, even though it was the only draw thus far.

We're on move 17, and Houdini evaluates the position as even. Could be a very interesting endgame. I really like endgames lately, so this suites me just fineSmile

I'm assuming that Aronian will try to trade his knight for Kramnik's white bishop, but looking into Houdini's line all the way to the 32nd move makes that hope look invisible to me.

A draw?

Scottrf wrote:

A draw?

I keep going through the top four Houdini lines after each move and it looks like they can draw if they both want to, at any time. But, if they don't want to draw then I believe the game will be very tense as they race their pawns down on each side of the board. I think we can assume that Kramnik wouldn't mind a draw, so it's up to Aronian to find a good position for his king, in my tiny opinionSmile

And as I wrote that, they drew!Laughing

No, I mean I think they agreed to a draw? Or not, my feed wasn't really working?

EDIT: Didn't see your post on the next page.

The post interview was really quite good for this game. 

Online Now