Forums

CPOTM May 2012 cont.

Sort:
AlCzervik

I haven't noticed that, but, for this site (using firefox) I have been getting a server error occasionally.

theoreticalboy
ozzie_c_cobblepot wrote:

Does anyone else have the problem that new comments for this specific thread don't show up reliably? Almost like they have a once-per-hour script?

I've noticed a lag in other threads, but not anything as drastic as an hour...

ozzie_c_cobblepot

Even right now, I didn't have a notification. Hmmmmm.

ozzie_c_cobblepot
ozzie_c_cobblepot wrote:

Could there be a 25-item limit on how many forum topics you get notified about?

netzach
ozzie_c_cobblepot wrote:
ozzie_c_cobblepot wrote:

Not that Ozzie. I track much more than 25 yet receive this alert fine (on PC)

There was a google-chrome update yesterday ?

proKnight98

List:

AnnaZC     3

Conquistador     3

Chessbee

dlagwagon

DrSpudnik     2

electricpawn     3

Estragon     3

HessianWarrior     2

philidor_position     2

Joseph-S

NickYoung5

pfren     1

ratatouie

Ruby-Fischer     1

TMIMITW     1

theoreticalboy     3

VladBGhita

waffllemaster

woodshover

Voting has now ended!

proKnight98

Congratulations to

List:

AnnaZC

Conquistador

electricpawn

Estragon

theoreticalboy

for advancing to the next round of voting!

Now, we will vote for a HON, which stands for Head of Nominees. This person has the power to select two people on the list for elimination. However, one of those members selected for elimination will stay via a vote-off.

This is currently step number two on the first post, which we are following. Remember, vote for a new Head of Nominees, you have one vote! Voting ends May 19th 11:59 PM Pacific!

HessianWarrior

electricpawn

proKnight98

Congratulations to

List:

AnnaZC

Conquistador

electricpawn     1

Estragon

theoreticalboy

Now, we will vote for a HON, which stands for Head of Nominees. This person has the power to select two people on the list for elimination. However, one of those members selected for elimination will stay via a vote-off.

This is currently step number two on the first post, which we are following. Remember, vote for a new Head of Nominees, you have one vote! Voting ends May 19th 11:59 PM Pacific!

trysts

All five nominees are quite pure already! What are we voting for if they're already pure?

batgirl

electricpawn

Conquistador

Hey TheGrobe!  Lets have some of that backbacon, eh?

malko

I vote for

Conquistador

ozzie_c_cobblepot

theoreticalboy

ozzie_c_cobblepot
netzach wrote:
ozzie_c_cobblepot wrote:
ozzie_c_cobblepot wrote:

Not that Ozzie. I track much more than 25 yet receive this alert fine (on PC)

There was a google-chrome update yesterday ?

On the contrary - it is this issue, I just confirmed it. Let's say you're tracking 100 topics site-wide. Let's say you don't login for a week, and have new comments in 30 out of those 100 threads. It seems that http://www.chess.com/home will show you only 25 of those 30, sorted by the number of new comments.

I just saw this thread show up (finally) because it had 8 new comments, and it was the bottom one for me. I went and read something else, and then bam! there was a 6-new-comment thread at the bottom of the list, previously masked by the 25 thread limit.

I probably didn't explain exactly what I meant earlier.

netzach

Blooming heck. Why ? short of server-space or something ??

Had someone saying weeks ago that weren't receiving vote-chess alerts. This could be related to that issue also.

vote for: electricpawn

proKnight98

Congratulations to

List:

AnnaZC

Conquistador     1

electricpawn     3

Estragon

theoreticalboy     1

theoreticalboy

Conquistador 4 lyf

electricpawn

Estragon! Puffer fish bark. Swim with the sharks!

proKnight98

Congratulations to

List:

AnnaZC     1

Conquistador     2

electricpawn     3

Estragon     1

theoreticalboy     1