Forums

A few of my thoughts on Musketeerchess.

Sort:
evert823

I’d like to share some of my thoughts with all lovers and fans of Musketeerchess.

Musketeerchess is of course a great game. A terrific game. And as Musketeerchess lovers and fans, we want to talk about Musketeerchess all the time. For this, I’d like to bring something under attention. It’s a button. It’s here on chess.com. This is what it looks like:

As soon as you feel the urge to talk about Musketeerchess, on chess.com, you could click that button. Let’s closely read what’s on it: Post New Forum Topic. That’s what it does. It creates a new topic. Not an old one, no. A new one. And if you talk about Musketeerchess in your New topic, it will be a new topic on Musketeerchess. A new topic.on.Musketeerchess. It’s really fantastic! This is how you can talk about Musketeerchess as much as you want.

But why am I mentioning this? Well, now comes the tricky part. Let’s go back to Musketeerchess. Musketeerchess is a chess variant. Well, we all knew that already. But the odd thing is, there are also other chess variants. Yes, that’s ridiculous! Musketeerchess is the Ultimate Chess variant. The Future Of Chess Variants! Then what would we need other variants for? (We are already raising funds to honor the inventor with a statue, by the way.)

But things are even more complicated. There are not only other chess variants, but also people playing it. People talking about it. There are actually even topics about other chess variants!
Yes I know, this is totally beyond imagining. But take my word, it’s true. That gives us topics NOT on Musketeerchess. Can you follow me? Topics.NOT.on.Musketeerchess.
Shouldn’t we go into all those topics and talk about Musketeerchess and spread the word, so that all those ignorant people come to know about Musketeerchess, and will be freed from all those superfluous other silly chess variants?

Well, I may have a slightly better idea. We could choose to leave the topics.NOT.on.Musketeerchess alone. Yes, this would be very very counter-intuitive, but maybe the people talking in those topics are just happy the way it is. And it will only be a matter of time before they discover the wonderful Musketeerchess all by themselves. And this is exactly where the Post New Forum Topic button comes in:
If Musketeerchess lovers would use this button, we would end up with two kinds of topics:
1. Topics.on.Musketeerchess
2. Topics.NOT.on.Musketeerchess

Now please take a few seconds to get used to this idea. Or a few minutes, if needed. I truly believe that this situation would make all forum users happy. Those who love Musketeerchess, but also those who yet have to discover the pure greatness of Musketeerchess.

Well, these were only my two cents. Have fun!

game_designer
[COMMENT DELETED]