Forums

BUGHOUSE!!!!!!

Sort:
BlueGator456

I think this forum will catch one of the Chess.com staff member's eyes soon enough after they have gotten all the problems fixed on Chess.com and after they have redesigned the site, so if we just keep on posting in this forum, then, this forum will remain on the front page.

-BlueGator456

kyska00

Would love to see bughouse here.

BlueGator456

Chess.com is already the best Chess site, why can't they make it better by adding BugHouse Chess?

-BlueGator456

Ben_Dubuque

or Bongcloud

Ben_Dubuque

or both, because is it to much to ask for both :D

BlueGator456

I will try to advertise the idea through my weekly blog that I decided that it should be weekly, not daily. I will notify you guys and give you guys the link when I advertise the idea through one of my blogs!Smile

-BlueGator456

Ricardo_Morro

I used to play partner bughouse with my friends at the chess club at 5 minutes to the side. I think blitz speed is considered essential to true bughouse. I hated bughouse. These mad fiends didn't want to play anything else, so I could not get a serious game of chess.

Now bughouse at 3 days per move would be a different game. I might like it if I had a little time to think. But I still think it would be a distraction from real chess and destructive to good chess-playing habits.  

stubborn_d0nkey

bughouse wouldn't really work at 3 days per move.

IMO 5min is the max for bughouse

jtt96

We the Quoters of this post and quotes of the aforesaid agree to keep this thread active so that C.C will see it!

jtt96
jtt96 wrote:

We the Quoters of this post and quotes of the aforesaid agree to keep this thread active so that C.C will see it!

Opt me in!

jtt96

really? I guess that explains why I don't like chess960 very much. (I don't like putting myself in very much danger (downhill skiing, climbing to the top of a 20-30 ft. tree, etc.) and if chess960 is bad for my health, then that explains why I don't like it. Now I just have to reconcile this new finding with the fact that I like desserts a lot. :)

joseph_ward
jtt96 wrote:

ElBrappo

BUGHOUSE Yes , Yes.Aronian loves bughouse and thinks other G Ms are afraid to try it because they would like it to much!!

pathfinder416
ElBrappo wrote:

BUGHOUSE Yes , Yes.Aronian loves bughouse and thinks other G Ms are afraid to try it because they would like it to much!!

Once you've leaned toward an arbiter and whispered, "Get me a knight", there's no coming back.

BlueGator456

I will try to put this forum link in my other forum about BugHouse, so the Chess.com staff and other Chess.com members can read both of the forums. Here is my forum about BugHouse:

http://www.chess.com/forum/view/suggestions/bughouse-games

-BlueGator456

ElBrappo

You folks are silly. The group I play with even plays 960 Bughouse. We call it Random House. Now that will make your head really spin.

AlexMakarov79

bug would be really popular here

BlueGator456

I know, I sent that suggestion to Chess.com through an e-mail at the beginning of November and they haven't replied since.

-BlueGator456

jtt96

hmmm. Maybe they're busy. Maybe if you tried a few times they would get it. My dad gets hundreds (litterally) of emails every day (for his 'work' email address). He tells me that he deletes many of them without looking at them because if he read every one he wouldn't have time to do the other parts of his job. So maybe that's what happened to your email. btw: Youtube just added a new 'look' that looks great! (no pun intended)

NimzoRoy

Bughouse rocks!