Forums

CARRERA chessboard

Sort:
mitsakos33

D.Panagakos

The chessboard Carrera introduces the Centaur and the Champion on a 8x8 board with a hypermodern aproach. 
There are in total 8 special squares (blue) structured on the move of the Knight.
King and Queen pass from these squares as if they are classic and the same goes for the Knight's and pawns.
Only the Rooks and the Bishops know how to use the blue squares and they may move as a Knight on them.
In this way we maintain the balance of the game and we  have images  of the Bishop+Knight combine and the Rook+Knight combine.  
The chessboard Carrera offers a more complicated game on tactical and strategical level, while all chess rules and all pieces remain the same as in the classical chess.

null
evert823

What's a Centaur and what's a Champion?

(I know you well enough to never ever expect an answer to this)

mitsakos33
evertVB wrote:

What's a Centaur and what's a Champion?

(I know you well enough to never ever expect an answer to this)

Centaur=(Bishop+Knight combine)

Champion=(Rook+Knight combine)

HGMuller

I thought Carrera Chess was played on a 10x8 board without special squares. Capablanca later re-invented it with a slightly different start position, calling the pieces Chancellor and Archbishop.

mitsakos33
HGMuller wrote:

I thought Carrera Chess was played on a 10x8 board without special squares. Capablanca later re-invented it with a slightly different start position, calling the pieces Chancellor and Archbishop.

this is a variation without the special pieces, on a 8x8 board...

pampi_nero
       STARTING POSITION
null
pampi_nero

KING AND BISHOP MATE

null

mitsakos33

WHITE TO MOVE AND WIN

null

Donkey256
Rc6+ Ka8 Rh8#
Donkey256