Forums

Chess Battle - Online chess-like game

Sort:
FelipeCB

Hi everyone,

I'm a game developer and I'd like to show you a mobile game I'm working on which is based on chess. We've made a couple of changes to the chess rules, but aparently they had a big impact on the overall dynamics of a match.

I'm sorry if this is not the right place to talk about it... I thought some chess players might get interested on it and "other variants" felt like a nice fitting sub-topic. I've shown it to some friends who play chess and got some strong reactions (both good and bad), so I figured I could get an interesting discussion here.

null

All the changes we've made were based on 2 questions: a) how can I make a chess match end as fast as I can to fit the mobile landscape?, and b) how can I make something that can only be played on a computer, not on a physical board?

You can play the offline version against our stupid AI in the following link, but I'll prepare an android version where you can play online if anyone gets interested on that.

PLAY IT AGAINST THE AI HERE

Hope you enjoy it! Really looking forward to hearing the opinions about people who really understand chess and can see stuff I cannot. Maybe I can find an official design advisor! happy.png

Failure_Manager
Other battle chess games.Hex commander:fantasy heroes,made by home net games.
Tactical monsters rumble arena,by camix