Forums

Can't Find Something in the New Design? Ask Here!

Sort:
gambit-man
DeepGreene wrote:
gambit-man wrote:

almost a whole week passed, still no answer. where is all the staff help?

i'm now fed up waiting

What's the question? A user already answered your question about not seeing the "Post New Forum" button (i.e. it's at the top of the right-hand column), right?

Is there something else?

FFS! 

knightspawn5

Don't think the change over was any of our calls.  But you can tell them that as well.  What do you want us to say that hasn't been said already.  If you truly are losing interest, then you have only 3 choices, complain some more louder than you have been.  Be patient and wait just like the rest of us, or leave.  Not much more that can be said at this point.  Now it's you're call to make......

gambit-man

the latter option is becoming more and more likely...

netzach

hmm there '' may '' be an issue going on with forum-topic-posting right enough ? :

http://www.chess.com/forum/view/help-support/cant-submit-forum-topic

knightspawn5

I understand completely......   

gambit-man

if they hadn't messed the layout up, there wouldn't be a problem.

i already knew i wasn't the only one with the problem, erik even gave me a pat on the back for spotting it

knightspawn5

They got a lot of overlapping problems from all of us.  The things I asked to be fixed, still hasnt been done yet, and I was here the moment it changed. I started making my list within a few minutes after the change as well....

Yes, It's still not user friendly yet.  Maybe one day..  It's causing everyone some headaches......   It just gonna take time is what Erik said....

gambit-man

then perhaps he should change it back until he comes up with something that does work.

i haven't used the site much since the changes, so i haven't really noticed other functional changes, only layout problems.

but when you ask a question in a forum topic that was setup to help people with such problems, you expect at least to get some sort of response within a week. and when you do, you expect that the staff member has actually read what the problem is (ie, NOT JUST THE LAST COMMENT, DeepGreene).

Like i said a few days ago, it looks like staff have abandoned this topic

netzach

Well... maybe Staff want to post but cannot ? Smile

gambit-man
netzach wrote:

Well... maybe Staff want to post but cannot ? 

LOL

knightspawn5

Deep Green was just talking to you just 2 hours ago and kohai will be in soon, she has other things to do as well as this, so I cant say they've abandoned it all.  I see them here.  What would you have them say other than what they have said?  They are working on the whole system as fast a humanly possible.  When they stop to read and answer us, the system isn't being fixed.  They cant do both at the same time very well.  What do you expect of them.   It wont be changed back.  That I have been told by Erik himself....   You still at the 3 choices.  

gambit-man

try again reading what deepgreene said...

Sooner

@knightspawn5. If the chess.com staff is working so hard and still can't get the job done, we might draw one of two possible conclusions: 1) Chess.com is understaffed; or 2) Those who manage chess.com bit off more than they could chew when they took their flying leap over the cliff with this new interface, which obviously was considerably less than well thought out (if you don't mind the mixed metaphor).

netzach

Seriously it is okay to post troubles here but for definite answer to a difficulty must submit help/support ticket direct.

Manage your Chess.com account here. If you have any questions, please contact support!

knightspawn5
Sooner wrote:

@knightpawn5. If the chess.com staff is working so hard and still can't get the job done, one might conclude one of two possibilities: 1) Chess.com is understaffed; or 2) Those who manage chess.com bit off more than they could chew when they took their flying leap over the cliff with this new interface, which obviously was considerably less than well thought out (if you don't mind the mixed metaphor).

Or it could be a little of both which I think it is.  Will that get them to hire more people to come in and work on the new interface?  Will that change the fact that we have a new layout.  No, to both.  Now, what can you, or, I do to remedy that.  Still comes down to 3 choices.   Which includes me.  I can complain more, I already see that's not going to work. I wait and let them do their work. Or I can leave.  There are no other choices as far as I can see.  All the complaints they have.  What is there left for any of us to do?  That choice is yours.  I myself am waiting.  For now.....    Tomorrow is another day.  

gambit-man

it's all so frustrating.

another thing i realised a few days ago when discussing the questionable behaviour of a particular member, i can't even find the rules any more!

I wasn't suggesting earlier that they bring back the old format for good, i was merely suggesting they bring it back until such time that they get a workable solution. this really can't go on for much longer. the layout is so bad that everything is difficult to find. at least the old format worked.

as for the ticket, this topic is entitled "Can't Find Something in the New Design? Ask Here!", that just what i'm doing.

Sooner

knightspawn5. I think you are right--some of both. However, chess.com might not need more staff if the staff members who are responsible for the precipitous implementation of this half-baked mess had used more prudence and less impulsiveness with respect to it and had had more care and respect for their customers. Also, you only state the obvious when you observe that no one of us can get more staff for chess.com to clean up this morass of confusion they have created or that no one of us can do it ourselves. I'm certainly not under the impression that we can do that. But that doesn't mean we have to like the chaos into which they have thrown us or can't say what we think about it.

gambit-man
Sooner wrote:

knightspawn5. I think you are right--some of both. However, chess.com might not need more staff if the staff members who are responsible for the precipitous implementation of this half-baked mess had used more prudence and less impulsiveness with respect to it and had had more care and respect for their customers. Also, you only state the obvious when you observe that no one of us can get more staff for chess.com to clean up this morass of confusion they have created or that no one of us can do it ourselves. I'm certainly not under the impression that we can do that. But that doesn't mean we have to like the chaos into which they have thrown us or can't say what we think about it.

Agreed!

Sooner
knightspawn5 wrote:
Sooner wrote:

@knightpawn5. If the chess.com staff is working so hard and still can't get the job done, one might conclude one of two possibilities: 1) Chess.com is understaffed; or 2) Those who manage chess.com bit off more than they could chew when they took their flying leap over the cliff with this new interface, which obviously was considerably less than well thought out (if you don't mind the mixed metaphor).

Or it could be a little of both which I think it is.  Will that get them to hire more people to come in and work on the new interface?  Will that change the fact that we have a new layout.  No, to both.  Now, what can you, or, I do to remedy that.  Still comes down to 3 choices.   Which includes me.  I can complain more, I already see that's not going to work. I wait and let them do their work. Or I can leave.  There are no other choices as far as I can see.  All the complaints they have.  What is there left for any of us to do?  That choice is yours.  I myself am waiting.  For now.....    Tomorrow is another day.  

knightspawn5. I think you are right--some of both. However, chess.com might not need more staff if the staff members who are responsible for the precipitous implementation of this half-baked mess had used more prudence and less impulsiveness with respect to it and had had more care and respect for their customers. Also, you only state the obvious when you observe that no one of us can get more staff for chess.com to clean up this morass of confusion they have created or that no one of us can clean it up ourselves. I'm certainly not under the impression that we can do that. But that doesn't mean we have to like the chaos into which they have thrown us or can't say what we think about it. Finally, I'm not complaining. I'm just expressing my opinion.

knightspawn5

Yes, I agree, it is frustrating.   But not a whole lot that any of us can do about it other than whats been and being done.  I don't like the slow process either.  But I do know that anyime a site starts Beta, it's gonna have some bugs and problems.  Unlike other beta sites here we do have people taking to us.  Others we dont.  Or, at least I havent found them on either Windows 7 or 8 yet.   Or other beta sites.  Thinking all this will be fixed in a month is just not gonna make it so.  Thinking they are going to hire an army of workers to come in and do it just dont make it so... 

Yes . The old format worked and worked well.  I miss it.  It was user friendy. I saw all my friends online at the same time.  I saw all my team mates nline when I was in my team pages.  No one else saw my friends on my homepage.  I had a way to get my current games in one click.  My list goes on.  That has all gone.  It's just gonna take them time to get this to where it's user friendly.  Thats just te way it is.  I have accepted that as I can do nothing else.  I just waiting for it to change.  Not much else I can do...