Forums

Chess.com Site Redesign - Coming Soon!

Sort:
Dirkus
ozzie_c_cobblepot wrote:

Posted from the Chrome browser on my new Chromebook!

And this response back at you is the same! Is there a Chess.com app for Chromebook?

TheGrobe

Isn't chess.com itself the app?

ozzie_c_cobblepot
There might be both, but the site is so good I didn't check for an app. :-)
ozzie_c_cobblepot
ozzie_c_cobblepot wrote:
There might be both, but the site is so good I didn't check for an app. :-)

Yes, there is a chess.com app in the Chrome app store. But - well it is only for offline games against a computer. It's an app authored by chess.com, but that's pretty much where the connection ends, from what I can tell. I didn't install it. I guess the spirit of "well if you're in chrome why do you need/want an app" is their thoughts as well.

My guess is that what little spare resources they have for app development is going into iOS and Android. You know, like the rest of the app developers out there.

CoconutTiger
will the new design work fine on opera mini mobile browser?
ivandh

Has it happened yet?

erik

Hi friends! Chess.com has an upcoming redesign that is almost complete. We are looking for some members who can help us by previewing the new version and providing feedback.

We are looking for any members who have experience with:

- web design
- QA
- graphic design
- web programming
- UI/UX skills

You will be given access to the new redesign here on Chess.com. We will ask that you use a special Feedback button to help us find and fix problems. Everything from broken pages to design inconsistencies - we need help finding it all! After a few weeks of this we will release the new design for everyone on Chess.com.

Extra-helpful members may be rewarded with Chess.com Memberships.  

To help out, please send me a private message with your qualifications and apply to the group here: http://www.chess.com/groups/view/chesscom-redesign-feedback

Thank you! 

Just_4Fun

is the live chess interface also going to be changed...i hope it is Smile

BlueKnightShade

Is it mostly a design change or are their some new features or options?

Right now you have, under "Forums" options to find topics you track, topics you have posted in and topics you have started. With articles and blogs you can track them. What about and option to find those articles and blogs which you have posted in but not tracked?

shequan

I just hope it's not as bad as the new youtube design. which is just retarded and it doesn't even make sense why they did that. nothing is improved, the channels are just even more lame and inane.

jkudria4145

Love it! I'm previewing it right now...where does show the member points? Or is that feature gone? If it is, it's a shame, I like them...

corrijean

I agree with Lisa regarding avatars.

I like the new Current Games appearance.

TheGrobe
LisaV wrote:

if I were the Tyrant Queen of chess.com.  :)

Wait -- you're not?

ivandh

I am wondering where are all the waffles.

Just_4Fun

is the friends online feature getting fixed? 

AlCzervik
erik wrote:

Hi friends! Chess.com has an upcoming redesign that is almost complete. We are looking for some members who can help us by previewing the new version and providing feedback.

We are looking for any members who have experience with:

- web design
- QA
- graphic design
- web programming
- UI/UX skills

You will be given access to the new redesign here on Chess.com. We will ask that you use a special Feedback button to help us find and fix problems. Everything from broken pages to design inconsistencies - we need help finding it all! After a few weeks of this we will release the new design for everyone on Chess.com.

Extra-helpful members may be rewarded with Chess.com Memberships.  

To help out, please send me a private message with your qualifications and apply to the group here: http://www.chess.com/groups/view/chesscom-redesign-feedback

Thank you! 

Great idea, Erik. I see this thread was started last year. It appears you are taking your time to make everything right. I hope this process continues, and nothing is rushed.

My only concern would be the translation of text in forum posts and game chats. While this sounds like a fabulous idea, implementation may be a problem, as some words and sayings may not be equivalent from one language to another.

Good luck!   

Bodhiwan

I have only one thing to say about the new design and I'm afraid it's final

Bodhiwan

Is there really a need for a big Facebook button on every game page? A lot of people don't appreciate the invasive nature of Facebook and for those who want to share the game I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem having this as just a regular menu option.

frank713

Seems we been talking about an update for awhile, so when is due out. Lets just do it and fix the bugs that pop along the way. Unless they major bugs then give a differnet date of new upgrade. Enough chatting. ;-) 

corrijean

It's in beta right now, so you can try it out and report bugs.