Forums

invinting friends

Sort:
gitz6666

When I play Live chess, I might want to invite and challange some friends of mine. In the Friends section, I see that they are online and that they are playing. I click on their names with the right mouse bottom and I "Challange to a Game" or "Invite to Chat". However, they don't receive any clear notification of my challange/invite, and the same happens to me when they invite me. As a result, we must always arrange by phone and that's quite annoying. How can we do? Thanks

gitz6666

Hi dajacca! Thanks for the proposal. I will look for you tomorrow morning - now I must go. Sorry, I didn't notice your Chat request and I am not aware of having accepted it

gitz6666

Hi dajacca! Thanks for the proposal. I will look for you tomorrow morning - now I must go. Sorry, I didn't notice your Chat request and I am not aware of having accepted it

gitz6666

OK. I saw you online a few minutes ago and invited you to chat, but you didn't notice my request or were busy. However... do you have any clue about how can we (I and my friends) easily meet on chess.com? It would be nice if the notifications were more visibile (I've never noticed a notification). Thank you!

kohai

If you're using live chess premium, private chat requests will show in the 'Console' tab. If you're using live chess basic, the chat requests show in the main chat area.

gitz6666

thank you kohai, I'll pay attention. In any case, I think that the system is not very efficient: there should be a more visible and easy way of tracking your friends and getting in touch with them. As I said, most of the times my friends and I must arrange by phone, because they are not able to notice my requests/challanges, and I am not able to notice theirs

kohai

If you're in live chess, and you click on the tab marked Friends, you'll be able to see a list of all of those who are on your friends list and currently in live chess with you.

On the right side of their name, if it says ' Play', you can click on that to send them a game challenge direct. If it says 'Watch' it means they are already in a game and you can click on 'watch' to observe their game.

If someone has sent you a game challenge and you hadn't seen it, the message will appear in the Console tab, and if you click on the Challenges tab, there will be a flag by the game challenge you have been sent.

gitz6666

ok, kohai, thank you very much for the detailed information. I'll try again. Thank you

gitz6666

If I might make a suggestion. I love chess.com but I think that you administrators should really try to improve the "social network" aspects of the site. My friends and I have tried several times to meet on chess.com and I can ensure you that it is quite difficult to notice this kind of messages "X has invited you to chat/has challanged you, etc". The only way to arrange a meeting is via phone or via skype - there should be an easier way! Thanks