Forums

Nationality

Sort:
TheDon10

I wonder how many people on chess.com are from where they say they are,if anyone knows how to find out could they please tell me.

blueemu

I sometimes wonder how many of them are even from Earth. Certainly, some of the opponents that I've played seem to be from outer space.

ivandh

etusivu

Burke

I think you are discouraged from using your real name (unless you are a titled player) so an angry opponent doesn't come looking for you. Likewise, I would assume there is no way for you to find out where people are really at. Another chess site I know of, there is a player who lists Antartica as his home. While it's possible that he is a bored researcher, I doubt it. Of course you CAN use your real name. Perhaps discouraged is too strong a word. Perhaps they just give you that option because of the internet being what it is. 

DrSpudnik

You mean you don't think there are 135 people on St Pierre & Miquelon who are members of chess.com?!

DrSpudnik

Far out!

Crazychessplaya

One guy was from Elenin, but he got banned.

gaereagdag

I want to play a Klingon, Vulcan and Gallifreyan.

gaereagdag

Yeah. Let's use your IP. Then I will grab TOR or a proxy and be from Memphis on Monday, Manila on Tuesday, Oslo on Wednesday, Shanghai on Thursday, Timbuktu on Friday, Capetown on Saturday and Bogota on Sunday.

TheDon10

Using the IP adress is actually a good idea.

gaereagdag
MalSwanOfZaga10 wrote:

Using the IP adress is actually a good idea.

I am allowed to be from seven different countries in a week?

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

All rightttttttttttttttttttttttt!

TheDon10

I highly doubt ivandh is from Galicia although I wonder if the oil rig prince Andrew of England got to be a country is on here?

konhidras

I think im from guatemala. "Panenawwee..paninawee gatha"Wink

Spielkalb
linuxblue1 wrote:

I want to play a Klingon, Vulcan and Gallifreyan.

Tried all of them.

Klingons - Bad idea, if you play 1.e4 they feel insulted and the only way to decide the game is with Bat'leths.

Vulcans - They only accept challenges in 3d chess for which the rules are unknown to us so you'll lose.

Gallyfreyans - You may try, but they always travel back in time to change the opening theory and maybe even the moves you've played so that is a really hard game. There's only one being known for beating a time lord in a strategical situation, K9, but the outcome of the game is still unknown.

Happy new year!