Forums

New Chess.com Site for Kids => www.ChessKid.com !

Sort:
panandh

I just created an account in chesskid.com It looks great. I will explore further

Kacparov
flatseven wrote:

Help me understand the fees.  Is it @ 50 bucks per year/per kid no matter how many kids you sign up?  What if I run a club for a school, do I get a discount for signing up 10+ kids or something?

1 Month 4 Months 1 Year
1 kid $7.99 $24.99 $49.99
2 kid $12.99 $39.99 $79.99
3 kid $15.99 $49.99 $99.99
4 kid $17.99 $54.99 $109.99
5 kid $18.99 $59.99 $119.99
10 kid $23.99 $74.99 $149.99
20 kid $31.99 $99.99 $199.99
35 kid $39.99 $124.99 $249.99
50 kid $47.99 $149.99 $299.99
75 kid $63.99 $199.99 $399.99
100 kid $79.99 $249.99 $499.99
  101+ kids Contact us for Special Pricing!
flatseven

I tried using the site with my daughter, who is 4.  Unfortunately it was not very much different than the site for adults.  

Okay, I know she is really young, but there seemed to be no allowance for new players.  We tried the tactics site and i found it to be quite advanced.  There was no setting so that I could adjust it to the level of my child.  I think there should be a "tactics" program directed at little kids who are still just learning how th pieces move.  

My kid likes chess.com.  She likes pushing "the arrow" on the chess tutorial.  She is interested to see how the pieces move.  There is nothing better on the chess for kids site.  

Chess master the program had a setting for playing against the computer that pitted you against a monkey.  The idea was really to learn how the pieces move.

What does this have to offer that the ordinary site does not?  Make it better.

jay

It is not $50 per year per Kid. If you have 20 kids you buy the 20 kid license for 1 year which is $200, which comes out to be $10/kid per year.

panandh
flatseven wrote:

I tried using the site with my daughter, who is 4.  Unfortunately it was not very much different than the site for adults.  

Okay, I know she is really young, but there seemed to be no allowance for new players.  We tried the tactics site and i found it to be quite advanced.  There was no setting so that I could adjust it to the level of my child.  I think there should be a "tactics" program directed at little kids who are still just learning how th pieces move.  

My kid likes chess.com.  She likes pushing "the arrow" on the chess tutorial.  She is interested to see how the pieces move.  There is nothing better on the chess for kids site.  

Chess master the program had a setting for playing against the computer that pitted you against a monkey.  The idea was really to learn how the pieces move.

What does this have to offer that the ordinary site does not?  Make it better.

I agree. My daughter 9 yrs old could use the site for learning. But my 4yr old daughter is not that much interested. The things I look for the small kids new to chess is.

. Learning chess moves when playing with computers. For example, highlighting check, showing all possible legal moves etc.

. Help in tactics. Like move your bishop, move your king (for very low rated) look for the knight fork, look for checkmate (for low rated), etc

Having said this, my 4yr old daughter is really looking to login the site and see the cool pictures of chess. In fact she says, "this is my chess, go and play your chess". She refers to chesskid.com and chess.com !!!

Thats really a fantastic site.

Neener33

I would like to use Chesskid.com to play my daughter while I'm away, but I can't. Are we able to play a live game?  

Kacparov

You should be able to, but I haven't figured it out yet :/

erik
Neener33 wrote:

I would like to use Chesskid.com to play my daughter while I'm away, but I can't. Are we able to play a live game?  

yep. go to BLITZ chess on chesskid.com

Neener33

So I'm on Blitz chess searching the six pages of online players, but I cannot find my daughter. It would be nice if it were like chess.com, alerting me when a friend has logged on. How can I find her? Also, why can't I sent her messages?

Kacparov

Yes, I had the same problem. When I entered blitx chess, I had 3 options: choose one of 3 time controls. And I always got automaticly paired up with a computer, even if there were other people.

Erik2
Kacparov wrote:

Yes, I had the same problem. When I entered blitx chess, I had 3 options: choose one of 3 time controls. And I always got automaticly paired up with a computer, even if there were other people.

Same with me

Conflagration_Planet

Does it have chess mentor?

Kacparov

no...

Conflagration_Planet

Oh...

Kacparov

I don't think so

Kacparov

yes, no conditionals is a big pity

littlehotpot

It does seem more expensive than here and you get less as well. ( I haven't joined, I was just having a look at the site).

OK I know that chess.com is a business but that does seem more expensive 

mrjchou

I am about to graduate a class of students - anyway to cancel/delete accounts for kids who are not interesting in continuing next year?

kohai
mrjchou wrote:

I am about to graduate a class of students - anyway to cancel/delete accounts for kids who are not interesting in continuing next year?

In your 'Manage kids' section there is the choice impersonate their account. Click on that, then

homepage/ account  (bottom of the page it says "click here if you would like to close this account")

Conflagration_Planet
kohai wrote:
mrjchou wrote:

In your 'Manage kids' section there is the choice impersonate their account. Click on that, then

homepage/ account  (bottom of the page it says "click here if you would like to close this account")

I thought all kids were into chess.