Forums

no draws?

Sort:
H-116

I recently played a game with over 200 moves on Live Chess.  I claimed a draw several times, and I'm guessing there were several repetitions, but as I had much less time than my opponent, I eventually clocked out and lost.  Each draw offer cost me the precious split-seconds I needed to keep repeating.  This (or something very similar) must have happened to others.  What's the story?

CPawn

I would suggest enjoying the great game of chess, and not be so concerned about some rating points.

TadDude
jkpastorius wrote:

I recently played a game with over 200 moves on Live Chess.  I claimed a draw several times, and I'm guessing there were several repetitions, but as I had much less time than my opponent, I eventually clocked out and lost.  Each draw offer cost me the precious split-seconds I needed to keep repeating.  This (or something very similar) must have happened to others.  What's the story?

On this site your opponent can negate your claim if he moves before you hit the draw button. Premove would apply here.

http://www.chess.com/forum/view/suggestions/correct-draw-claiming.

mxdplay4

You can claim a draw by repetition.  Best thing is to have premove on for those time scrambles.  Some players on Live Chess are pretty annoying in trying to win on time, but it's within the rules.....

H-116

Hey, CPawn, I never said anything about rating points, so thanks for the irrelevant comment.