Forums

The 2012 World Championship of Chess!

Sort:
keju

Anand is incredible. In the last game, he played Re8, which the computer was also expecting, but which Short didn't see.

waffllemaster

Houdini switched to d6 at (or before?) depth 22, which would have been in line with database games.

jesterville

With move 14...0-0-0- Anand has taken this game "where no man has gone before"...this is where it gets interesting...

waffllemaster

Hopfully we get to see some fireworks :)

jesterville

yes keju, chessbomb and chessdom is the same site.

keju
jesterville wrote:

yes keju, chessbomb and chessdom is the same site.

Gotcha thanks ... Gelfand's last move, wow, his black bishop is looking dangerous now.

jesterville

wow...these guys are playing blitz...16...e4 by Gelfand is not even on Houdini's radar...this is getting exciting...we may see a decisive result today...let's hope so...

keju

I seem to be learning something about 16th century Russian art.

jesterville

Clearly, Gelfand is familar with these moves to be playing so fast...this is great preparation...one would believe that Anand would have been the one playing faster, since he is the one preparing this line...but not so today...

jesterville

...yes keju, give us Russian Art right in the middle of this exciting game...ahhhhYell

keju

17. Bd4. Anand's king side still warming up on the bench.

jesterville

Hi chrisr2212, I rather love to see what the "undefeatable" computer recommends...and see what these GMs realtime chooses...sometimes I am just amazed how close their moves are...

trysts

It just amazes me that they can have prepared for this position! They certainly don't play anything like I do. It's the best game of the championships thus far.

trysts

Move 17, and Gelfand is finally thinking about his move. Gelfand is about 30 minutes ahead on time.

keju

This chess match is being played in an art gallery Cool Yes it's fireworks so far!

jesterville

Houdini still has white slighty ahead. Anand has just played the computers #1 choice 16. Bd4

jesterville

wow...Gelfand played 17...Na4 so quickly...not even a top Houdini move...is he still in his prep for this position? Incredible...

keju

Anand replied pretty quick too! Timman back already please ...

keju

It's the trojan horse isn't it? - the quiz I mean ..

trysts

Wow, we even get a little bit of Dostoyevsky in the commentary!Laughing