Forums

If You´re Genius Try to Solve This Incredible Puzzle

Sort:
Dannie12345

Dannie12345

Hardest endgame puzzle in the history of chess.

IohannesVitter

Um....this may be hard to guess at but really two passed pawns into knights and not queens?  Seems highly improbable.

Scottrf
IohannesVitter wrote:

Um....this may be hard to guess at but really two passed pawns into knights and not queens?  Seems highly improbable.

They have to stop the bishop check.

Shannomo

What a crazy end game puzzle! Was wondering when black would run out of ways to stop the mate with those annoying knights!

KenyDurant

I remember seeing this in a video a few months back (by ChessNetwork I believe) so I'm kind of a cheat for knowing what to do. Embarassed

RONALD_A

Note: You should display the puzzle without "solution" button, so each player can try their best skill to solve it independently. LoLSmile

NewArdweaden

I remember Kingscrusher once presented this puzzle. Hence, It was quite not-so-difficult.

Scottrf
mashanator wrote:
Oran_perrett wrote:

i'm always interested what happens if black does not play the fork...

Yeah, I saw somewhere that apparently 4...Kg4! is a draw (as worked out by computers), but it is probably outrageously difficult.

Yeah that's why I rejected this line in my calculations Cool

The_Riga_Magican

This form is a copy of my form. 

http://www.chess.com/forum/view/endgames/a-puzzle-no-grandmaster-solved-until-tal-solved-it

Dannie12345

Oran_perrett wrote:

i'm always interested what happens if black does not play the fork...

Yes, the best move isn't to land the fork, but according to NM Jerry from ChessNetwork blacks passed pawns will fall, the knight on g6 will fall, and the black king will sooner fall, even if black declines to play the fork.