Forums

How long did it take you to get an elo of 1000 in chess.

Sort:
llama_l

By the way, I realize it's a very unimportant conversation... that people would say I'm "nit picking" his post when everyone already agrees with his conclusion.

Sure, but I find this sort of thing fun... not the nit picking, but thinking precisely about why things happen. Since it's obvious that it's harder to gain rating, it's easy to give non-reasons... just hit a few key words and "blah blah blah everyone knows what I'm talking about so I don't have to be accurate." But it's fun to try to be accurate and actually think about what's going on.

Mauvile

around 8 months

CausalityD

1K Elo is around 80+% so it's far above average in Rapid.. And I was thinking it was around 1200 Elo which is called intermediate.

medelpad
Like 2.5 months
What_sThisGameCalled

It'll take 2-3 months and within 500 games to reach from 500 elo if you keep learning throughout the process. Self analyze every match you play and make sure to not repeat the mistakes. Play solid openings and avoid blunders and misses. Learn throughout the journey. Learning is the key as you keep moving to higher elos.

Eind20

Still on my way...

DelightfulLiberty

Depends on 4 things: a) your age, b) how naturally talented your are, c) how many hours od study and practice you put in, and d) the quality of that study.

There is no standard progression. One person can be a 1000 within weeks of learning how to play, and another will stay below 1000 for years, maybe forever.

All you can do is try and see how you get on.

Dumcel_ry

Me who took 5 days on an alt account and 61 games

aansh_oo7

It took me 89 matches to reach the mark of 1000+ in chess today .✌🏻🙂🇮🇳

krobyjobynobypoby

400-1000 in 2 months for me

EnPassantAvalanche

Personally, it took me five months. I think I could have done it quicker though. Do puzzles on lichess, just study one opening (the Italian), learn a few traps (Fried Liver), and blunder-check every move.

EMBIID_MVP21
6 months and not there yet ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mittens742689

I dont think age is so important in how fast you improve in chess neither talent.for me a year

Brain
7 months from 400
pcalugaru

a day....

Zercs69

4 months

KeeganJL28_M

Probably about 4 months after learning to play. Everyone has their own pace though. It’s just like learning a language.