Forums

Daeru(White) vs. browni3141(Black) WITH KIBITZERS

Sort:
browni3141

I probably shouldn't play the Petrov. The overwhelming majority wants to play 2...Nc6, and so do I, so I won't wait to play this move.

2...Nc6

Ben_Dubuque

Bc4 here, aim that holyman at f7 and get some tactics flowing, the Ruy is just to theoretical, Evan's Gambit this thing. lol

Daeru

Bb5,Bc4,d4 are my candidates.

Daeru

3.Bb5 Ruy Lopez is too theoretical as jetfighter13 said and I don't want to stay in the book for 20 more moves.

3.d4 Scotch Gambit is interesting but instead I want to play 

3.Bc4

Daeru
EdwardT2 wrote:

3.c3

The PONZ!

Heeeeeeeyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!

I really don't like it after 3...d5

trysts

+0.41

browni3141

I prefer the Two Knights defense, but the Pianissimo crap makes me want to barf, and as far as I know it's basically unavoidable if the opponent wants to play it.

browni3141

I play 3...Nf6

Daeru
ChristianSoldier007 wrote:

Ng5 d5 b5!

b5? Do you mean Bb5?

Btw, current position is;

browni3141

Ng5 d5 b5!

Not sure what you're suggesting.

Daeru

sorry Ng5 d5 exd5 b5

Interesting but isn't Na5 simpler and stronger?

browni3141

depends on your opponent. If he is prepared, then yes. If he isn't, then no

I think my opponent is prepared with databases and an army of forumers at is side Tongue out

Without glancing at a database it looks completely unsound. It might be okay for a blitz game, but I wouldn't even try it in a long game or correspondence game.

Daeru

if white plays Bc1, then white retains an advantage. anything else and black is winning

I guess you mean Bf1 but according to the game explorer dxc6 and Bxb5 also scores well.

browni3141

sorry im multitasking not checking my notation. dxc6 trades a strong bishiop for a mere knight, Qxd5 after Bxb5 is winning

The online database statistics support what you say, but it doens't seem right. I very much like white's position after both Bxb5 and dxc6, but I would prefer black after Bf1.

Edit: I guess I'll do a little research since I'm clearly either missing something or it's a big statistical fluke.

Daeru

d3 Nc3 and Ng5 are my candidates btw

Daeru
EdwardT2 wrote:

4.Ng5 Bc5 and going in for a Traxler - would be quite entertaining.

I mostly play these lines as 4.Ng5 d5 5.exd5 Na5 lines

I have played 4.Ng5 d5 5.exd5 b5!? - the Ulvestad variation - with some success in blitz, but have never had it work out right in correspondence chess. It doesn't have the same surprise value. Fritz variation might be better.

When I'm white I usually play 4.d4 and go into either modern two knights or Max Lange attack - tricky and trappy for both sides.

I reckon you should 4.d4, Daeru. I remember you smashing the hell out of me in live chess with Max Lange attack

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Lange_Attack

I remember that game, it had transposed from Urusov Gambit :) 

Yea, I like d4 as well. I really don't want to go into Ng5 d5 exd5 Na5 so it is either d4 or d3 imo. Thoughts?

Daeru

Yep, 

I play 4.d4

Ben_Dubuque

Bb4 + give yourself oprotunity to castle, and make him waste tempo and weaken his pawns before he castles

browni3141

I don't really care for 4...Bb4+, I'll look at it, but I prefer the mainline 4...exd4 5. e5. This is where I would like to deviate with 5...Ng4, which I have played once before. My game with 5...Ng4 is actually still in progress, and I like the positions black can get.

Daeru

I don't see how Bb4+ makes white lose a tempo. I think it makes black lose a tempo after 5.c3. What am I missing?