Forums

1500s not seeing a queen hanging in rapid for 3 moves in a row...

Sort:
Kadenstarr

mrfreezyiceboy

trash

DinDin211

lmao wth is this

DasBurner

2. c3 pog

DasBurner

accelerated Ponziani

PineappleBird

Isn't it more accurate to say the minor piece was there to be won, and not "the queen was hanging?"

assassin3752

are you kidding me

AunTheKnight

Lol! And my opponents on the other hand... 

I swear the 15|10 pool is exponentially harder than 10|0.

KioshiSundust

they are a special breed

ChampoftheBepoCamp
KioshiSundust wrote:

they are a special breed

Gymstar

dang lol

Vinumonz555

amazing

DrSpudnik

I have one better, though I don't have a diagram or anything. In a USCF rated event at my chess club, I think it was game-10 speed, I was playing another A-Player in a late round and was in quite a mess of a position. To keep my opponent's rooks and knight out of my position where they'd kill me I moved my King into a spot where it helped fend off all intruders. The Tournament Director was standing behind my opponent and had this weird look on his face. The game went on to be a draw and after the draw was agreed, the TD said to me, "Did you know your king was in check for five moves!!?" We all busted up laughing, because my miracle savior move was illegal and neither of the players noticed it. We were both looking at the other pieces.

assassin3752
DrSpudnik wrote:

I have one better, though I don't have a diagram or anything. In a USCF rated event at my chess club, I think it was game-10 speed, I was playing another A-Player in a late round and was in quite a mess of a position. To keep my opponent's rooks and knight out of my position where they'd kill me I moved my King into a spot where it helped fend off all intruders. The Tournament Director was standing behind my opponent and had this weird look on his face. The game went on to be a draw and after the draw was agreed, the TD said to me, "Did you know your king was in check for five moves!!?" We all busted up laughing, because my miracle savior move was illegal and neither of the players noticed it. We were both looking at the other pieces.

lmao

Circumlocutions
This gives me hope haha
Kadenstarr
DrSpudnik wrote:

lol

1e4-2Nf3isbest
SteadfastOne wrote:

I just had another 1500 blunder a queen in a 30|0 rapid game. I don't why but I have had a bit too many Botez Gambits occurring lately.

the diagram says ur white