Forums

Post your best miniatures here

Sort:
lukeluke00

Another day, another KID destroyed

theRonster456
lukeluke00 wrote:

15...exd4 is a little like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.grin I'm surprised black didn't find 17...Bf5. Even if you don't see the follow up check with 18...Qe8+, which could happen in a bullet game, Bf5 is the only move that staves off immediate mate.

lukeluke00
theRonster456 wrote:
lukeluke00 wrote:

15...exd4 is a little like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. I'm surprised black didn't find 17...Bf5. Even if you don't see the follow up check with 18...Qe8+, which could happen in a bullet game, Bf5 is the only move that staves off immediate mate.

Well, you not only need to see that removing the e pawn with the bishop helps exchanging queens, but also you need to be willing to give up the bishop and a rook in the process. Like I said I would've resigned right away.

Also it's funny how after all that, I now see that I don't have a piece advantage (I thought I did when I posted it), but two powerful passed f and h pawns.

Edit: I do have a piece advantage after all, I'm going blind I think 🤔

s_sajwani123

Not the most fun end to the game

fenrissaga
theRonster456 a écrit :
fenrissaga wrote:

Sharing my patzers life, i just found the mate pretty in this lol game

Nice. You also could have played 6.Bxf7+ first, forcing Ke7 (6...Kxf7? 7.Qxd8). You end up with the same position (black's king on d8, and white's bishop on f7), but in this line it's white's move in that position because black had to waste a tempo going to e7 then to d8. I know this is kind of nit-picky, but I thought it was interesting to note that. Also, 6.Bx7+ is flashier.

Nice line thank you!happy.png

manudude02