Forums

"Hazy Chess", or "How it feels to play like a 1300 again."

Sort:
Syanas

I'm sure everyone's had one of those days where they just don't play like they usually do. Sometimes it's a good thing. Unfortunately for me, this is one of them.
Even in time trouble, I wouldn't blame the clock on that one. That was a pretty nice mate there, one I assumed didn't exist because my mind tells me that a knight and rook alone cannot mate a king. But they weren't alone after all.
Aggressive games are pretty fun, and I rarely see people who actually attack that fast as early as move 6. On better days, I would take full advantage, but my brain doesn't seem to want to think about it today.
Pinning pieces to the king is something I rarely ever get to do in my games, and most of the time I assume there's nothing to pin. OTB, it happens plenty, but online I often just play assuming my opponent hasn't just incredibly blundered in my face.

This is a real piece of work. It's no art, but it was incredibly funny.

Kkidplayer

Great Games! Loved playing through them! 

Syanas

I go to have another game, cool off. It didn't help much.

I think it's time for bed Tongue out.

waffllemaster

Maybe a bit insensitive?  How would you feel if a 2100 posted "retard chess: how it feels to play like an 1800 again"

And there you are, 200 points below this guy's "retard line"  Laughing

But yeah, we all have those nights.

Syanas

Considering most of these games are still won with a few blunders here and there, I would have judged it as 1300 rated play. But I see your point, and I don't mean anything offensive by it.