A 3000 could easily beat a 2000, but could a 4000 easily beat a 3000?

Elroch

Stockfish's rating at blitz on the FIDE blitz rating scale would be higher than the 3522 it has on the CCRL list.

EndgameStudier

What stockfish are the up to BTW, 10 or 11?

MISTER_McCHESS

EndgameStudier

I guess it also depends on the hash size on your personal computer system, that can range from 16GB to 4TB, and that determines what level of endgame tablebases you can fit in there!

Levent_Acemi

www.chess.com/ccc 

Bullet is fun: 2|1

Despite Komodo is 3500, he could easily beat Senpai which is 3100. So the answer is yes.

EndgameStudier

Interesting

Elroch

There have been big advances in Stockfish. One was enlisting a lot of volunteer computer time on tweaking its parameters. The second was adding a neural network.

EndgameStudier

Stockfish is the strongest engine though, correct?

Levent_Acemi
EndgameStudier yazdı:

Stockfish is the strongest engine though, correct?

Yeah, but despite Hikaru has 2900 elo and being first, Carlsen is the world blitz champion ;)

Levent_Acemi

I mean Hikaru is strongest blitz player and Carlsen is champion, so champion is not Stockfish ;)

Elroch

Except it is. Stockfish retained its TCEC title against Leela.

MISTER_McCHESS
Levent_Acemi wrote:

I mean Hikaru is strongest blitz player and Carlsen is champion, so champion is not Stockfish ;)

stockfish could easily 14-0-0 magnus lul

EndgameStudier

No Human has been able to beat the top computer chess program, whatever it is (Was) at the time.

Elroch

They used to, up to the 90s.

MISTER_McCHESS

yea. also correspondence players could prolly beat some engines in the early days

congrandolor
MISTER_McCHESS wrote:
Levent_Acemi wrote:

Don't be disrespectful to the world champion.

SmyslovFan
congrandolor wrote:
MISTER_McCHESS wrote:
Levent_Acemi wrote:

I used to believe humans could do ok against engines, especially as White. But listening to GMs with more experience playing top engines, I now accept that Magnus would be quite lucky to draw even one out of 20 games against a strong engine that was set up to play with a high draw contempt and an opening repertoire designed to get out of "book" as quickly as possible. 

Magnus does have a high match-up rate to computers' first choice moves, but he isn't tested as constantly as an engine would. Engines never tire, and Magnus' excellent conditioning wouldn't be an advantage. The comps would also avoid his opening prep. Sorry, but the age of humans as the dominant chess players on the planet are over.

EndgameStudier
congrandolor wrote:
MISTER_McCHESS wrote:
Levent_Acemi wrote:

World champion has horrible sportmanship. Just bails out of the final world championship game in a winning position. After he did that they should have immediately declared Fabiano the winner.

MISTER_McCHESS
EndgameStudier wrote:
congrandolor wrote:
MISTER_McCHESS wrote:
Levent_Acemi wrote:

World champion has horrible sportmanship. Just bails out of the final world championship game in a winning position. After he did that they should have immediately declared Fabiano the winner.

also stockfish is world champion

EndgameStudier

Stockfish wouldn't have fallen for a 1 move skewer tactic with 5 seconds left like Magnus did!