Forums

Chess rating system

Sort:
joteshdhuriya

testing

JamesAgadir
ponz111 a écrit :

Ratings on chess.com do not have to be very accurate.

My very low rating of 1658 for Live Bullet is not accurate at all

AS I HAVE NEVER PLAYED A BULLET GAME IN MY LIFE!!

Well somebody on your account has won 5 games of bullet. You played them about 5 years ago

ramendiaz

how players gets a star here?

ramendiaz

what is bullet & blitz?

ramendiaz

what is bullet & blitz?

Fabian0Marijuana

I have 1000 rating discrepency between different parts of chess. How could this happen to me?

SmyslovFan
Fabian0Marijuana wrote:

I have 1000 rating discrepency between different parts of chess. How could this happen to me?

Your surname could be a clue.

SmyslovFan

Btw, tactics isn't a true rating. Fabiano, you have less than 300 pts between your *chess* ratings.

ramendiaz

what is blitz pls?

incorrectname

and bullet is faster

Tetra_Wolf
viswanathan wrote:
turtle wrote: i am starting to understand the rating system, but how do you determine points during a game? are certain peices worth different points? 

turtle, the general points system followed is as follows:

pawn - 1pt.

knight/bishop - 3pts.

rook - 5pts.

queen - 10pts.

of course points are not everything... the position of your piece also matters.. for example you might not mind losing a bishop or rook to save a pawn on the 7th row.. and points dont have any bearing on the game result.. it is just a basic framework to help beginners understand the value of different pieces

Pretty high rating for someone who doesn't know that a queen is 9 points.

2 rooks + pawns can usually beat Q + pawns with same # of pawns

Tetra_Wolf
Fabian0Marijuana wrote:

Tactics are usually much easier. I have 800+ points from tactics to blitz and 1000+ points from it to rapid/bullet

silaslourenco
[COMMENT DELETED]
silaslourenco
ramendia escreveu:

what is bullet & blitz? eu também gostaria de saber?

bluejonz

if you win the rating goes

if you lose the tating goes down

ElenaStamataki

Does anyone know how I can resign from a game?

SmyslovFan

Click the resign button. It looks like a flag (you're waving the White Flag of surrender).

RichardSattanni
If I started with 1200, played and won by default for resignation by opponent , of course my ranking increases. If I succeeded at tutorial , I get added score for each passed? Does this number total reflect my new score rank? Will it change when I begin playing again? Does winning against computer also change score or strictly against ranked players only?
Kowalski_x

This question hasn't been answered enough in 10 years?

GambitGuru04

Lol