Forums

Dutch idiot goes beserk

Sort:
winerkleiner
Dischyzer wrote:
winerkleiner wrote:

I'll bring the tar.  But first, what weighs more?  A pound of tar or a pound of feathers? 

If you drop a tar and feathered person off a 50 story building, what hits first (forget the "in a vacuum" part) . . . 

What hits first . . . for me anyway . . . is this, "SH!T, I should not have pushed him!"

Lol I'm glad I read that twice, at first I was under the oppression that his sh*t hit the ground first!

learningthemoves

lol. You under the oppression? Sounds rough man.

winerkleiner

I forgot to sleep, lol.

skinnypurpleducks

blueemu wrote:

I recall that when I was playing in the 1974 Canadian Open in Montreal, something similar happened: On a board near mine, one of the players blundered his Queen away quite early in the game. He resigned immediately, stopped the clock and left the playing hall. His victorious opponent signed the score-sheets, spent a few minutes looking at the on-going games on nearby boards, and then headed for the exit. As he reached the door, his opponent jumped out from behind a big potted plant, kicked him in the nuts, and ran away. The police were summoned, spent a few minutes interviewing the player and the tournament organizers, and then settled down to wait. Sure enough, as the time for the next round approached, the assailant returned to the playing hall for his next-round game. He was arrested and dragged off by the police.

Lol nice... NO... Why does everybody say that they were there??? Lol in every forum about funny OTB moments everybody says this as in they were in it...

losingmove

Sore winner?

winerkleiner

Winning is over rated, I try to refrain from such practises.

blueemu
skinnypurpleducks wrote:

Why does everybody say that they were there??? Lol in every forum about funny OTB moments everybody says this as in they were in it...

As it turns out, I was in fact there. So were GMs Larsen, Hort, Lyubujevic and a few others.

I'm from New Brunswick. The 1974 Canadian Open tournament was held in Montreal, Quebec. That's not all that far away.

I scored 5 1/2 points (50%) and placed 217th out of 420 entrants.

Tournament cross-tables can be found here:

http://kevinspraggett.blogspot.ca/2009/08/1974-canadian-open-great-tournament.html

Dischyzer

I guess wearing a cup to tournies is in order. Must protect the wedding tackle. 

winerkleiner

Yes no use in bruising the boys.

learningthemoves
skinnypurpleducks wrote:

blueemu wrote:

I recall that when I was playing in the 1974 Canadian Open in Montreal, something similar happened: On a board near mine, one of the players blundered his Queen away quite early in the game. He resigned immediately, stopped the clock and left the playing hall. His victorious opponent signed the score-sheets, spent a few minutes looking at the on-going games on nearby boards, and then headed for the exit. As he reached the door, his opponent jumped out from behind a big potted plant, kicked him in the nuts, and ran away. The police were summoned, spent a few minutes interviewing the player and the tournament organizers, and then settled down to wait. Sure enough, as the time for the next round approached, the assailant returned to the playing hall for his next-round game. He was arrested and dragged off by the police.

Lol nice... NO... Why does everybody say that they were there??? Lol in every forum about funny OTB moments everybody says this as in they were in it...

Don't know what you're talking about man but once when I was playing in the 1974 Canadian Open in Montreal, something similar happened: On a board near mine, one of the players blundered his Queen away quite early in the game. He resigned immediately, stopped the clock and left the playing hall. His victorious opponent signed the score-sheets, spent a few minutes looking at the on-going games on nearby boards, and then headed for the exit. As he reached the door, his opponent jumped out from behind a big potted plant, kicked him in the nuts, and ran away. The police were summoned, spent a few minutes interviewing the player and the tournament organizers, and then settled down to wait. Sure enough, as the time for the next round approached, the assailant returned to the playing hall for his next-round game. He was arrested and dragged off by the police. What made it even crazier was the fact I wasn't born until 1978. To this day, no one has been able to figure that part out.

DarthMasterguns

It is because of the LHC; it created a partial time rift back in the 70's; about the exact same time the U.S. Gov't had developed its sh!tty cloning techniques used to produce our iconic heroes like Solid Snake and Chuck Norris.

skinnypurpleducks

learningthemoves wrote:

skinnypurpleducks wrote:

blueemu wrote:

Don't know what you're talking about man but once when I was playing in the 1974 Canadian Open in Montreal, something similar happened: On a board near mine, one of the players blundered his Queen away quite early in the game. He resigned immediately, stopped the clock and left the playing hall. His victorious opponent signed the score-sheets, spent a few minutes looking at the on-going games on nearby boards, and then headed for the exit. As he reached the door, his opponent jumped out from behind a big potted plant, kicked him in the nuts, and ran away. The police were summoned, spent a few minutes interviewing the player and the tournament organizers, and then settled down to wait. Sure enough, as the time for the next round approached, the assailant returned to the playing hall for his next-round game. He was arrested and dragged off by the police. What made it even crazier was the fact I wasn't born until 1978. To this day, no one has been able to figure that part out.

Yeah right it happenened to me to except the attacker was me and the cops didn't catch me I led them to a wild goose chase