Forums

How do I improve???

Sort:
dahal32

Hio guys, its me again. I wish to ask the pros here and the players more talented than myself how I can improve in positional style.

My playing style is attacking, and I play best at open position. I dont have the faintest of material interest so I sacrifice at least a rook If I get the chance. I have contempt about position and I play so randomised moves that I get amazed when my combination comes about with a spectacular win. However when it is a dead lock in terms of pawns, all 16 pawns on the board in the 21st move, my temper rises. I generally lose such positions. Moreover I have a very bad endgame and opening sense.

What sould I do to increase my positional play and my opening and endgame theory. Exclude chess.com's facilities, it takes an eternity to load a page. Suggest a software or something I can buy or get free.

Thanks in advance!

Nobel D.

sbnick

It's okay if you lose but if you want to improve your chess rating you should start playing people over a rating of 1300 or higher.  You might lose but it will really improve your chess.  If that doesn't work then face people that have a lower rating than you.  If none of these worked contact me on my profile and I will help you do better at chess.  Laughing

dahal32
sbnick wrote:

It's okay if you lose but if you want to improve your chess rating you should start playing people over a rating of 1300 or higher.  You might lose but it will really improve your chess.  If that doesn't work then face people that have a lower rating than you.  If none of these worked contact me on my profile and I will help you do better at chess.  

Hey.... I play against rated players above 1900s but it seems I lose a lot to silent and really compact, solid positions. I win wild positions 100% though . And Yeah, I wish to learn pls..... Thanks a lot :-D

dahal32
[COMMENT DELETED]
Tom500

Mark Dvoretsky; Artur Yusupov. Secrets of Positional Play

I think that book will help you a lot

dahal32
Tom500 wrote:

Mark Dvoretsky; Artur Yusupov. Secrets of Positional Play

I think that book will help you a lot

Thanks, the pdf is gr8

stripathy

if u r aggresive player it is very good but every body cant play like morphy,have patience like python,look the borad like hawk, and attack like a royal bengal tiger

monroe721

Dahal....Try playing against the computer on this site. Start with beginner...than easy....etc. You can play White to develop your attack, Black for defence.You can always back space if you blunder.

dahal32
stripathy wrote:

if u r aggresive player it is very good but every body cant play like morphy,have patience like python,look the borad like hawk, and attack like a royal bengal tiger

Well said. But I desparately need it man!!! Some players tend to play in a passive manner, always the pawn, to cause a locked fortress which cant be broken by any pawns. And I dont feel safe just for opening up my file with a knight, ie, it should at least take away some defence of the king. When playing those games they generally end with a draw or I lose the game.

dahal32
monroe721 wrote:

Dahal....Try playing against the computer on this site. Start with beginner...than easy....etc. You can play White to develop your attack, Black for defence.You can always back space if you blunder.

The board wont show up.... And I have the latest version of java.... What is the problem????

twidey

by working hard

azziralc

You will improve by working doubly at your weak side, and enhance where you are already good. Analyse your games is the best thing to do.

azziralc

Buy quality chess books, this is full of advice and have important tips that will help you to your game. 

You can learn broadly to openings through internet.

twidey

yeah...work on your weaknesses...some of the really great players were both tactical and positional (fischer etc)

azziralc

And lastly, "Experience is the best teacher" so play chess and apply this tips and you will be better. Study not just in openings but all aspects of chess; including the middle game, and endgame.

azziralc

Good luck to your games and have fun. May this tips helps you.

dahal32
nyLsel wrote:

You will improve by working doubly at your weak side, and enhance where you are already good. Analyse your games is the best thing to do.

I live in a place where If found asking for a chess book They will give a stern look. Chess is very much contempted here!

dahal32
nyLsel wrote:

Good luck to your games and have fun. May this tips helps you.

Thanks will do!

ChessisGood

HTRYC is a great book.

Defence4Gizchehs
dahal32 wrote:
sbnick wrote:

It's okay if you lose but if you want to improve your chess rating you should start playing people over a rating of 1300 or higher.  You might lose but it will really improve your chess.  If that doesn't work then face people that have a lower rating than you.  If none of these worked contact me on my profile and I will help you do better at chess.  

Hey.... I play against rated players above 1900s but it seems I lose a lot to silent and really compact, solid positions. I win wild positions 100% though . And Yeah, I wish to learn pls..... Thanks a lot :-D

lol, that's just the Opposite of me.
I lose a lot to Wild Positions, Win at Silent and Really Compact, Solid Positions.

You try to get the Battle on the Open Fields.
I try to get the Play in the Forests.