Forums

I need a training partner for rapid games (2000+)

Sort:
VIDYUTGANESH

Hey guys, I am Vidyut from India, I have a rapid rating fluctuating around 1900-2000, I have a busy and a hectic schedule, with barely any time to play these days, however I would still like someone to partner with me to play training games with me, help me try some novelties and openings, train endgames with me, etc about once in a while when I am free (maybe once a week). A rating between 2000, 2200 is appreciated (2200+ is also fine, but maybe I'll be a bit too easy for you, so do apply if you still want to). This will help me spend lesser time in chess as I won't have to keep looking for opponents, while I can also learn a lot, so please do apply if you are interested! Those with whom I come to an agreement with, I shall communicate with them via chesscom messages itself, so it should be hassle free.....

GM_Katsu

Hey, my Peak rapid rating is 2120 and I would love to play some games with you. I live in the EST timezone so message me a good time we could play. I am getting ready for bed at the moment but I will get back to you when i wake up.

Atharv8849
VIDYUTGANESH wrote:

Hey guys, I am Vidyut from India, I have a rapid rating fluctuating around 1900-2000, I have a busy and a hectic schedule, with barely any time to play these days, however I would still like someone to partner with me to play training games with me, help me try some novelties and openings, train endgames with me, etc about once in a while when I am free (maybe once a week). A rating between 2000, 2200 is appreciated (2200+ is also fine, but maybe I'll be a bit too easy for you, so do apply if you still want to). This will help me spend lesser time in chess as I won't have to keep looking for opponents, while I can also learn a lot, so please do apply if you are interested! Those with whom I come to an agreement with, I shall communicate with them via chesscom messages itself, so it should be hassle free.....

I think chess with board exam is really hard.

I think there should be some other ways to train chess instead of playing it everyday.

VIDYUTGANESH
Atharv8849 wrote:
VIDYUTGANESH wrote:

I think chess with board exam is really hard.

I think there should be some other ways to train chess instead of playing it everyday.

That's true....that's why I mentioned that I will only be playing occasionally (maybe once a week or so), but you are right, there has got to be a better way of training than having to play daily.....I think this idea of a training partner who plays once in a while with me with specific ideas is a decent one....Although studies indeed is overwhelming these days, I would like to maintain some consistency in my level of chess, I hope this works out fine...

VIDYUTGANESH
GM_Katsu wrote:

Hey, my Peak rapid rating is 2120 and I would love to play some games with you. I live in the EST timezone so message me a good time we could play. I am getting ready for bed at the moment but I will get back to you when i wake up.

Thanks, I messaged you!

NickGambitFan

Hello ! I'm interested in your project. Check my profile if you want information. Even if you already find someone , let me join you.