is 1000 the average player ?

chyss

Alas, you don't exist. Sorry. Hope you mind too much. Apologies for any inconvenience your non-existence might cause. 

chyss

I mean, I hope you don't mind too much. Sorry, I'm not very good at typing and stuff. 

hitthepin

We have to remember that the population of people here on chess.com isn’t really an accurate representation of the general population. The actual average chess player is the guy who learned the moves at age twelve and has played a few games with his family, and has probably never seen a chess clock in his life. 

Sred

Though the OP asked for the median rating of FIDE rated players.

hitthepin

That’s true. In which case, disregard what I said and carry on.

blueemu
hitthepin wrote:

We have to remember that the population of people here on chess.com isn’t really an accurate representation of the general population.

Ah-ha-ha... you can say THAT again!

hitthepin
blueemu wrote:
hitthepin wrote:

We have to remember that the population of people here on chess.com isn’t really an accurate representation of the general population.

Ah-ha-ha... you can say THAT again!

Then I think it’s important to reiterate that the population of people here on chess.com isn’t really an accurate representation of the general population.

An_asparagusic_acid
chyss wrote:

Here's a diagram with no data to back it up based on no evidence at all. I think you'll find it very persuasive. 

I am 2000, yet I am not good at chess.

blueemu
An_asparagusic_acid wrote:
chyss wrote:

Here's a diagram with no data to back it up based on no evidence at all. I think you'll find it very persuasive. 

Well, I'm 2351 and I totally suck.

... one-down's-man-ship in action.

An_asparagusic_acid
blueemu wrote:
An_asparagusic_acid wrote:
chyss wrote:

Well, I'm 2351 and I totally suck.

... one-down's-man-ship in action.

Anyone can be 3000, just use SF.

Boluski

Thanks all, i think I did base my question originally on that bell curve with the peak around 1000, hence my posing the question. I long road from 500..no room for errors...

Zachary1017859

hi

Sred
Boluski wrote:

Thanks all, i think I did base my question originally on that bell curve with the peak around 1000, hence my posing the question. I long road from 500..no room for errors...

I think this curve has been made up by someone working in marketing, they do that all the time.