Forums

Is chess considered fancy?

Sort:
WeisseSchachlade

I think it's fancy, but I see a lot of not-so-fancy people playing the game and being trolls and people tell me they are not so hygienic in rrrreal life (let it be said that, as a cat, I keep myself SPARKLINGLY CLEAN all the time!!! Ok I has a few fleas...) so I has a lot of things to wonder about on my mind.

Are there more fancy rrrrich people who play or poor people?  Do fancy rrrrrich people play better than poor peoples or is that just a stereotype?

Or do crazy slobby people play better than fancy snobby people?

Or does being fancy make you crrrrazy?

Or does being crrrrazy make you fancy?

Am I more crrrazy or fancy?

Thank you all who comment I'm just currrious hope I don't get killed by my curiosity being of the species that is the butt of that old adage >^.^<

VULPES_VULPES

Chess was played in the medieval times by kings and nobles, since the peasants would be too busy working to play leisurely.

So yes, I guess chess does make you fancy.

HattrickStinkyduiker

I used to have beautiful dreams about being able to talk to cats. After reading the OP this dream turned into a nightmare

WeisseSchachlade

But is it STILL fancy?  I mean, TV is a leisure activity too but even the poorest peasants in America can watch it, and nobody thinks that TV is fancy.  Unless you watch fancy classical music concerts or fancy documentaries or fancy movies which are rrrreally fancier in theatres but most people watch stupid singing and sports shows instead.  Singing and sports used to be considered fancy, now they're considered low class.  Singing opera is considered fancier than singing crappy and being autotuned but autotuned is technology developed by rrrrrich people that went to college so shouldn't autotune be fancier?

I know I look fancy but I am not as expensive as I look; in fact I was given as a frrRREEEE gift.  But then the gift giver was Mommy's auntie so maybe that makes mommy fancy and special.

Mrrrrrrrm?  Do I scare you HattrickStinky?

Don't be scared of the <3's.  I can't help that I make so many <3's.  I am just that <3'sful.  <3<3<3<3<3<3<3's

VULPES_VULPES

Opera is fancier than autotune, because humans don't need effort to sound good with it. In opera, humans alone create and achieve the drama.

IOW: Things humans do without external assistance is fancy.

WeisseSchachlade

Mrrrrm?  So it's fancier to do math without a calculator?  To do arrrrrtwork without art supplies?  To play a piano without sheet music?

What about things cats do?  I clean my coat without using laundry deterrrrgent or bleach and it's more sparklingly white than anything mommy wears (she gets lots of food on her clothes by the way mrrolol how did my fancy derriere wind up the signature animal of that slob x3) is that fancy?

Ron-Weasley
WeisseSchachlade wrote:

I think it's fancy, but I see a lot of not-so-fancy people playing the game and being trolls and people tell me they are not so hygienic in rrrreal life (let it be said that, as a cat, I keep myself SPARKLINGLY CLEAN all the time!!! Ok I has a few fleas...) so I has a lot of things to wonder about on my mind.

Are there more fancy rrrrich people who play or poor people?  Do fancy rrrrrich people play better than poor peoples or is that just a stereotype?

Or do crazy slobby people play better than fancy snobby people?

Or does being fancy make you crrrrazy?

Or does being crrrrazy make you fancy?

Am I more crrrazy or fancy?

Thank you all who comment I'm just currrious hope I don't get killed by my curiosity being of the species that is the butt of that old adage >^.^<

Its as fancy as you want it to be. You can play on a marble board with ivory chessmen or a vinyl board with plastic chessmen. Its the same game but I'd suspect the better player would have the less fancy board. I've gone into someones home before and was their jade chess set all set up. I asked them to play a game and they said it was decorative, and that they don't play.

TeraHammer
Ron-Weasley wrote:
 I've gone into someones home before and was their jade chess set all set up. I asked them to play a game and they said it was decorative, and that they don't play.

OMG! That is such a shame! 

VULPES_VULPES
WeisseSchachlade wrote:

Mrrrrm?  So it's fancier to do math without a calculator?  To do arrrrrtwork without art supplies?  To play a piano without sheet music?

What about things cats do?  I clean my coat without using laundry deterrrrgent or bleach and it's more sparklingly white than anything mommy wears (she gets lots of food on her clothes by the way mrrolol how did my fancy derriere wind up the signature animal of that slob x3) is that fancy?

Well, you need art supplies to create art works.

As for the others, yes they are fancier.

Not sure about the cat though.

WeisseSchachlade

Fancy jade?  Mrrr I would play with that!  I like playing with fancy things!  Like that fancy vase with the fancy plant inside that I spilled all the fancy water out of... and that is why I am kept in the not-so-fancy garage.

My mom doesn't use art supplies she uses a computer to do her artworks is that not fancy enough?  Here is a picture she painted of me with MS Paint which people say is the least fancy art purrrogrrram there is.