Forums

Is there any chance that a 1300 rated player can beat a 1400 rated player?

Sort:
JayeshSinhaChess

I have frankly beaten players even upto 200 elo points higher. Not consistantly of course, but I have occassionally in Rapid.

zi_yang

yes

friedmelon

at least it is POSSIBLE

zi_yang

yes if magnus carlsen quit chess.com and he vs somebody with that rating

bulletchesser
irahranchad wrote:

I played this when I was some 1379 in elo against a 1456

Although far from ppeerrffeecctt, I beat him in brilliant fashion.

hahahaha I remember when I came for the first time in the chess club, I played a really strong player with the black pieces and he played the exact same line. 

After Ng5 I thought to myself: What a cheap trick! I know want you want to do! BAM d5! threat neutralized. Then ed and then I took back with the knight and I thought, I had a decent position.

Then he sacrificed the knight on f7 and I was just sitting there with my mouth open. I got destoyed in that game.

But seriously as a beginner to come up with Na5 instead of Nd5: is nearly impossible unless you saw that line before.

zi_yang

maybe

zi_yang

maybe

RhythmOfTheKnight0021

But of course! About 46.8757093%

RhythmOfTheKnight0021

... Or 47% chance.

Terminator-T800

I'm 1200 player & took out a 1850 because I'm not human. & I make 1500s smoke bullet.pngbullet.pngbullet.pngbullet.pngblitz.png

1-7rd1

100 points isn't really that much. And maybe that 1300 us on the upward trajectory. It's easy to get stuck on chess.com, so many good players. 

Sac4thewin

There's no way to take this thread seriously. The original poster was a 2000+ blitz player. To any and all who might actually wonder this, of course it's more than possible. It's probable that at 1300 you'll beat some rated up to 200-250 above you. Especially at the higher time controls where patience pays off and there's time to see the whole picture. I'm just getting back over 1300 down from a high of around 1400 something. I've had wins over 1500-1600. As others have said, not consistently. That being said never let an opponent's rating affect your play. 

Gabriel1326
Yeah. There’s always a chance.
hanweihehai

beacause the website allow players choose their start rating , so there is alot new user rated very high but played very poor

SledgeHammer58

Yes, but a 1400 player will beat the 1300 player 64% of the time. Anyone can beat anyone. Even the world champ loses sometimes.

Advanced_player1

yes