Forums

Is there any chance that a 1300 rated player can beat a 2700 rated player?

Sort:
JuergenWerner
So, Taimonov was unlucky. There is luck in chess
BigKingBud

Gotta love this troll thread, so much fun.  

Back at the original post... 2700?  ha really? 2700?  Do you know how evolved a 2700 level chess player's abilities are?  

Ridiculous question, but a wonderful fun troll. 

benbenn

so many posts tongue.png

Ziryab

There is a chance that I'll win the lottery. If I buy a ticket, my chances improve dramatically, even though they remain remote. Even without said ticket purchase, my chances are better than the 1300.

kingspellingbee2005

It is extremely unlikely, but it is possible (anything is possible!). Here is a similar example where I "owned" a 500+ rated Chess.com user despite my rating being at 450:

chess_jawa

The difference between 450 and 500 is nothing because neither play has any real concept of the game. A 1300 has some of the concepts where a 2700 has almost all of them. Not quite the same

Smokering26

Miracles do happen. I once saw the face of Geroge Carlin in a thicket of ochoa cactus.

macer75

Let's try it this way:

http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=5866f3bbe4b0b90e31f33de5

kingspellingbee2005
chess_jawa wrote:

The difference between 450 and 500 is nothing because neither play has any real concept of the game. A 1300 has some of the concepts where a 2700 has almost all of them. Not quite the same

I believe he could've played better than me, because I am such a novice when it comes to chess. I am getting better though; I have not lost a single game today!

Cubronzo_old

Fischenheimer wrote:

Is there any chance that pigs can fly?

Yes

KholmovDM
JuergenWerner написал:
So, Taimonov was unlucky. There is luck in chess

What I meant is, you aren't rolling dice or pulling the lever on a slot machine. The influence of random chance in chess is exactly zero percent. Everything comes from what the players put into it in the form of decisions.

bong711

If the 2700 is drunk, have diarrhea, colds, or havent eaten for 24 hours, he will still beat the 1300 in less than 30 moves. Even when blindfolded, 2700 still wins.

RetiFan

Popular vote currently shows %80 YES! 

JudgeElihuSmails

yes you have 2 chances ..slim  and none

bong711

Its more possible for a beginner at golf to hit a hole in one, a poker player to have a hand of straight flush, Dwight Howard and Deandre Jordan to sink 10 consecutive free throws, than a 1300 to beat a 2700 in slow or speed chess.

AsunaYuuki6
It's notabout rating, it's about your mind. So yes, that may be true.
TheAuthority
bong711 wrote:

Its more possible for a beginner at golf to hit a hole in one, a poker player to have a hand of straight flush, Dwight Howard and Deandre Jordan to sink 10 consecutive free throws, than a 1300 to beat a 2700 in slow or speed chess.

10 consecutive free throws does not seem all that unlikely. Are these guy particularly bad at free throws? Shaq was the worst. 

bong711

Shaq is retired so excluded. Jordan and Howards free throws are like tossing coins 😎. Its rare to get 10 heads out of 10 😁

Elubas
geneven wrote:

When I was a C-player, I considered myself an Expert, and I proved it later.

Did you prove you were an expert all along, or did you simply improve to become one, despite not being one when you were a c player?

isabela14

The 2700 has to be drunk, drugged and be shown some serious cleavage😎 To lose against a 1300.