it take years to be 2000 point pleyer.

mahyarmasouminoob
it give me 8 or 9 point for each win and it is very low . dont you think so?
blueemu
mahyarmasouminoob wrote:

Eight or nine points against an equal-rated opponent. Beat someone 200 points above you, and you get dozens of points for each win.

Check_Check_Boom
mahyarmasouminoob escreveu:

If you were a 2000 player, you would reach 2000 in one day, but If you are a 1000 player, maybe you Will never reach 2000.

LeeEuler

For some sure, for others no. Improvement is easier when you are younger

IgorKravitz
What happens if you reach 2000? People like you more?
NikkiLikeChikki
Actually, lots of studies have shown that the more successful you are, the more people like you. Do you think anyone would like Naka if he were rated 300?
Pawned064

XD

AtaChess68
Let say 8 points per game. I am rated around 1300 atm so I need 700 more points. So I need around 90 more games. I can easily play 5 games a day so that would take 18 days.

Not years. 18 days. Three weeks if I want to take it easy.
Marco
IgorKravitz wrote:
What happens if you reach 2000? People like you more?

Actually, yes

IgorKravitz
If you believe reaching 2000 will make people like you more than you should be working towards that very important goal.
destroyer8470

Depends who you are, yes it's taking me years to get to 2000 but I was 400 and now im 1800, so it may take a while but you'll get there, depending on how hard you train, there are a lot of reasons why it may take longer or shorter

Nicator65

@mahyarmasouminoob

The rating reflects, in a way, the frequency with which the rivals take advantage of the errors that one commits in the evaluation and the calculation.

You have to think that you are a doctor and that every lost game is a dead patient. With this idea in mind, you do not go in search of a new patient but, first, you try to clarify whether the "defeats" were due to errors in diagnoses or therapies, so that, if applicable, not to repeat them.

Grandmasters also make mistakes, but the frequency and severity are less than that of lower-strength players. So that's how you speed up or slow down the rate of increasing ratings.

Taking my own experience on this site, it seems to me that it took me about two hours to go from 1200 to 2000 in blitz games.

hvenki
blueemu wrote:
mahyarmasouminoob wrote:

Eight or nine points against an equal-rated opponent. Beat someone 200 points above you, and you get dozens of points for each win.

I thought it was only one dozen...

destroyer8470
TumpaiTubo wrote:
It could take years to go from 1800 to 2000.

depends how good of a learner you are

Bidcaller
Hmmm