Forums

letting the time run out rant

Sort:
mattyf9

Ok so I am going to go on a rant here so I will apologize ahead of time.  But I am just so tired of people knowing when they are in a losing position, they just let the remainder of time run out rather than continuing to play or resigning.  I have been trying to play longer time controls like 30 minute games, and its very annoying when i have to sit here for 23 minutes and let the time run out.  Therefore I have decided to start posting the games with the person's user name in an attempt to not only embarrass them, but to let others know about these people who violate chess.com's fair play policy in case they find themselves playing with them too.  Whew.  I feel better now. lol. I'm sure its happened to everybody at some point on here.  Lately it just seems to be happening very frequently.

You're supposed to file a complaint with the staff, not "name and shame" any other members you have a complaint against - MODERATOR

wbilfc

I'm with you fella....used to piss me off too. I only play on-line chess now. Also try and expand the number of friends you have then play them on Live chess.

melogibbo

Totally agree, it's pointless too, it's not like they get half a point for letting the time run out, very childish.  I've started playing more online chess as the games are more in depth, I joined some groups and you can play team games where you play your opponent twice, one as black, one as white, I'm 1 move away from queening a pawn, my opponent hasn't moved in 4 days even though he's been moving in the other game where he's not losing so badly, he's got 11 hours before his time runs out, I'll see what happens when I wake up tomorrow!
(He could really prolong the game by waiting 5 days for every move) :-( 

melogibbo

By the way, it happens so much in 30 min timed games I've never bothered to tell staff members, I'd be bothering them all the time.  Maybe I will in future though if that's what they want.

waffllemaster

Finding good opponent's for long games onlines can be difficult.  I agree with wbilfc's suggestion of adding friends to make it easier.

I'll either start analysing in a different window, or go on  youtube and watch some music or chess videos... although if you're limited on time for play I know it can be frustrating.

mattyf9

I know it's very frustrating.  I would like to continue to post their user names in here to simply embarrass them lol.  I play mostly online chess too.  I had a couple of problems with people waiting 6 days each time to make a move and games went on for months.  I only play 3 days per move tops now just to avoid that.

mattyf9
Another scammer

You'll notice that if black didn't be pathetic about it and actually looked at this position you'll notice I'm in a little bit of trouble after. 18. Qb6  19. Bxe7   Bxc3!.  Now my queen is attacked and my  b pawn is pinned to my queen.  But no, he would rather be a sore loser and let the time run out because he's going to be down the exchange.  

mattyf9

sorry. not 18. Qb6.....18.Qa5. 19. Bxe7  Bxc3. 

melogibbo

yeah matty, he definitely had chances in your game, I went through some moves and there are lots of opportunities, might even be better not to take the rook!
Update, I won the game due to my opponent letting the time run out, I checked through his archive, every game he has lost recently is due to the time running out, what a loser, should I report him to staff? technically he is using the time alloted to him, it is really annoying and unsportsmanlike though.

mattyf9
melogibbo wrote:

yeah matty, he definitely had chances in your game, I went through some moves and there are lots of opportunities, might even be better not to take the rook!
Update, I won the game due to my opponent letting the time run out, I checked through his archive, every game he has lost recently is due to the time running out, what a loser, should I report him to staff? technically he is using the time alloted to him, it is really annoying and unsportsmanlike though.

Yea why not.  Chess.com made a comment on my first post telling me not to name and shame people lol, and to simply just report em to staff.  So I guess I will do that in the future.  With all due respect to chess.com there is no way there going to be able to take action against every player that does it so I am not sorry for naming and shaming.  Although I will respect their rules and refrain from further doing it.  But if I were you I'd report em.

melogibbo

I'm gonna see what he does in our other game, it looks like I should win that game as well, if he does it again, I'll report him for sure.