Forums

live chess 960: advertise it you morons!

Sort:
macrosgambit

I recently discovered to my delight in a question softly embedded in an interview that chess.com has recently added live 960 chess to the app and also to the "new chess.com" browser. I rushed their and played a few games with my friend, which was fantastic.

Raspberry_Yoghurt

W00000t !!!!!

Raspberry_Yoghurt

How do you play it? I mean where it it on the site?

Raspberry_Yoghurt

ahh it's in a "browser" and an app. So no good. Wyy they don't just put it on the normal site like normal people instead of putting it in browsers and apps.

Raspberry_Yoghurt

This is how i feel now

JSLigon

Either find an existing challenge for chess 960, or if there isn't one then under Create Challenge select Type "Chess 960" instead of Standard. I haven't played any 960 games but the option should exist on both the browser and the app.

Raspberry_Yoghurt

That's not live, that's correspondence.

JSLigon

You mean 960 is only available live, not available correspondence right? Because I just created a live challenge for 960 (5 | 5 couldn't get any takers though). Why 960 isn't available for correspondence games I do not know.

Raspberry_Yoghurt

No i mean it's online chess the thing you are talking about?

Live chess is where you can play 5 minute games, and I don't see it there. I know you can play it online, where both players has loads of time to move, but i prefer 5  minute games.

I dont have neither browser nor app, I'm just in Mozilla Firefox.

JSLigon

You can play 960 on browsers such as Firefox, or on the app. You can play 960 in live chess (5 minute games for example) or as I just found out you can set up a 960 correspondence game as well. So 960 would appear to be universally available provided you find an opponent who wants to play it. There's a Type field, it says Standard by default. Change that to 960. You will then have a 959/960 chance of playing not the standard chess.

Martin_Stahl

Live 960 is only available on the app and v3 of the site. Since v3 is currently in testing, the site isn't going to do a lot of advertising for it. Until the site goes fully live, you might look to see if any groups are set up for Live 960 and then when you are in Live you can go into the group chatroom and challenge there.

JSLigon

Yes I just found that out for myself. On the new version of the site you can play live 960 through the browser (if anyone wants to play 960 that is - so far couldn't get any takers). But when I switched to the old version of the site it's not an option. Maybe when everyone has switched over to the new version it will get more popular.