Forums

Offering a draw

Sort:
julian_TSG

If the game is won this 'tactic' is not gonna work and if ur afraid he could have a chance not to lose the game because of a psychologic effect (i don't even think there is one) than the game is obviously not clearly won...

Zinsch

I don't consider a single draw offer to be rude. Only if you do it over and over again, it is.

Scottrf

I don't care if the tactic works, but it's unsporting for someone to resort to that.

LordHarnois

IT'S NOT THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP it's a few online games for fun =)

iixxPROxxii

If you are in a lost position versus a skilled player, then resign rather than offer draw. It is more respectful.

I would only offer draw if my opponent is in time trouble.

Sometimes I offer a draw in the first few moves of the game because I have to answer the phone.

LordHarnois

dude cookiemonster i have that picture on my phone
*offtopicabit* 

iixxPROxxii
cookiemonster161140 wrote:

Against computer 2 in live chess I was up a Queen and offered the computer a draw (because pizza delivery was at my door) and the computer refused.

How rude.

Nice, lol. Once Comp3 drew because of poor queen placement (stalemate).

fissionfowl
cookiemonster161140 wrote:

Against computer 2 in live chess I was up a Queen and offered the computer a draw (because pizza delivery was at my door) and the computer refused.

How rude.

I have all the computers blocked for that reason.

videomantv

I wouldn't take it if he was ahead and I offered a draw as a joke, I figured no one would do it or take it seriously, I would feel bad if they did accept it.

So I see your point, that makes sense. thanks for the feedback, it helps to learn what is accepted, I have only been playing a few months, and never before online, so what[s accepted isn't clear. It just  sort of reminded me of Monty Python's Black Knight in the Holy Grail,