Forums

The 9 years old student of mine reached 2000 at lichess and 1850 at chess com in just one year

Sort:
Chess_Polimac
QuantumTopologistISBACK wrote:

How can you coach 1800s when you are only 2000? People should only be coaching others 500 points less or even lower.

"Dubov is Carlsen's coach, so how would you explain this? Also, who would be the coach to Djokovic, Nikola Jokic, or Luka Doncic? https://en.chessbase.com/post/dubov-faces-criticism-in-russia Best players in the world have coaches, and I would like to let you know that one of the top opening coaches in the world is an International Master from Croatia, rated 2310. He is an opening coach to more than ten 2600-rated players! But I could coach you was watching your games and there is a lot of room for progress

Chess_Polimac
BigChessplayer665 wrote:

If you practice or study 1 -2 hours a day you should be about 1500-2000 in a year if you aren't either your doing something wrong (you could also just be bad at a board game ) some people just don't have the right brain for chess which is ok

Or is like slow and steady wins the race

This is very simple to say . In reality how many players at chess com are 2000 plus ? At lichess with 2008 you are in the top 8 percent of rapid players

Rating: 2008.35VR_king is better than 92.4% of Rapid players.

BigChessplayer665

Blitz on lichess is just as good as chess.com if you play fast enough

But bullet is significantly better on lichess since your not docked time at all when you premove

IamAdamRhys

The boy has 1000000 IQ

PromisingPawns

As brutal and controversial as it sounds, most people who are not dumb and quite smart and intelligent can easily reach around 1800/2000 with some studying and playing a lot within a few years.

BigChessplayer665

@pomisingPawns Yes and no it's not that simple though

Mazetoskylo

How can you coach 1800s when you are only 2000? People should only be coaching others 500 points less or even lower.

Stupid assumption. The O.P. is a certified FIDE trainer, which means that he is able to train everyone but the elite players.
As for your online ratings... well, you can be prowd of them if it pleases you, but actually they aren't worth a penny compared to real FIDE ratings.

Khnemu_Nehep
Luke-Jaywalker wrote:

i coached a student from about rating 1400 to 1900 but after beating him 27-0 he started using an engine

No you didn't.

BigChessplayer665
Khnemu_Nehep wrote:
Luke-Jaywalker wrote:

i coached a student from about rating 1400 to 1900 but after beating him 27-0 he started using an engine

No you didn't.

I had a 800 cheat against me after I got him from 100-800ish it was I beat him with only two pieces and pawns vs all the pieces he gave up and started trolling

Chess_Polimac
Mazetoskylo wrote:

Stupid assumption. The O.P. is a certified FIDE trainer, which means that he is able to train everyone but the elite players.
As for your online ratings... well, you can be prowd of them if it pleases you, but actually they aren't worth a penny compared to real FIDE ratings.

Thank you for the comment. I value Quantum's opinion as well as everyone else's. It's really insightful to hear what people think about chess coaching. To obtain the Fide trainer title, one must have put in a lot of work in the past. Quantum is a good player and he obtained his rating quite easily, according to him. Most of us ordinary people had to put in a lot of work to get there. It would be great to use that knowledge and process to help other students.

ChessMasteryOfficial

Good job happy.png

Chess_Polimac
ChessMasteryOfficial wrote:

Good job

Thanks