Forums

Trying to switch to e4

Sort:
AS3L995

Hey everyone ,

I ve been playing d4 since th beginning of my chess career and I feel like i want to switch to e4 cause i kinda feel like i,m a little bit good i tactical posotions which aise after e4 openinngs rather than th mostly blocked ones from d4. Any advice for me would be gladly accepted :) Also is there any kinda good openning for me to take on when switching to e4? ( also for your knowledge i have been playing french as my choice o defense or e4 ).

regards,

Asel

CaptainPike

You are much higher rated than I am. But, I would think, if you like the French and wish to switch to e4, you may wish to look at the Scotch?

ViktorHNielsen
krushnoi wrote:

Scandinavian has taken the fun out of 1.e4  either the 2...Qxd5 or 2...Nf6 lines and at the lower levels it's a very popular opening.

I kinda like playing against the scandinavian. You can either get an improved caro-kann (3. Nc3 Qa5 variations) or simply a solid space advantage (3. Nf3!? variations)

Crazychessplaya

The Scandinavian what? LOL.

Foridejack

E4 is fun

ViktorHNielsen
AS3L995 wrote:

Hey everyone ,

I ve been playing d4 since th beginning of my chess career and I feel like i want to switch to e4 cause i kinda feel like i,m a little bit good i tactical posotions which aise after e4 openinngs rather than th mostly blocked ones from d4. Any advice for me would be gladly accepted :) Also is there any kinda good openning for me to take on when switching to e4? ( also for your knowledge i have been playing french as my choice o defense or e4 ).

regards,

Asel

For a start, the d3-c3 ruy lopez, closed sicilian, main line french (you know how to play the structures) and mainline caro-kann. Then you can slowly change to the open sicilian and mainline ruy lopez when you need a better repertoire.